hearing in a few weeks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rmc20021, Sep 18, 2005.

1. rmc20021

rmc20021 New Member

I have no idea what to do. My lawyer (whom I've had for 2 1/2 years has not made any contact with me whatsoever. The only contact I've had is when I call him and I have no ideas what to ask of him. I have no idea where this is going to go, but I do know I need to get approved...especially now since my hubby has left me for someone else. What can anyone suggest I ask my attorney??? Please help me with this....I have no place else to turn. And I don't have the energy to go to any other websites and read long forms or whathaveyou.

Rachel
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Is tomorrow morning at 11 am. I meet with my attorney last week .She said I have a good case but tough judge.

I got a letter from my former employer .In the letter they stated that they watched me go down hill. And that I was an excellent associate and what my job as an assistant manager meant.What I had to deal with on a daily bases.

I also got letter from a close friend telling them about his observations on my condition.

My attorney told me that when the just ask a ? DO NOT just say yes or no.Give them the details. Like what you do from the minute you get up till you go to bed.

And if you say you can not sit for more than 30 minutes MAKE SURE YOU ask to get up. Cant stand ask again in a few to sit down.

Hope this helps you.

When I get back tomorrow Ill let you know what they asked and what happened to me.

Sue
  3. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

Mine was last May. My attorney [also had for about 2 1/2 years] talked with me a lot by phone during that time [they're based in Idaho and I'm in WA state] and I met with her for about 45 minutes before the hearing.
    Yours should let you know about doing that to go over the fine points.
    I had a nice judge - his manner was pleasant and he listened and acted interested. and as stated before, when you're asked about your daily activities, be specific.
    Instead of saying 'I can't get out of bed or do anything', say 'I have a lot of pain and stiffness when I get up and it takes about an hour for me to get moving.' And "I'm really dizzy and unsteady on my feet and I can't focus my thoughts for more than a few minutes at a time'.
    And tell them exactly how long you can sit [10-15 minutes before you have to get up or change position, or whatever is the case for you] because they'll find you a 'sit-down' job for sure unless you can show that you can't even do that. They would have done that for me but because I have moderately severe Carpal Tunnel in both hands [but worse in the right and I'm right handed] I can't do computer or phone work either. And the neuropathy in my feet prevents me from standing or walking for any length of time.
    I hope this gives you an idea of what they'll ask. It may be deleted [as advertising] but try this site - disabilitysecrets.com - lots of tips there.
    Hang in there! Char