hearing my heartbeat in my left ear....anyone relate to this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Nannibel, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Nannibel

Nannibel Member

Hi, I am hoping someone can tell me what this persisting symptom might be or if anyone else has had it.........I keep hearing my pulse or heartbeat in my left ear, especially when I lie down. I am about ready to make a doctors appointment. I have no pain like an earache just this loud heartbeat sound, it does subside but then comes back.
  2. Nannibel

Nannibel Member

Hi, I am hoping someone can tell me what this persisting symptom might be or if anyone else has had it.........I keep hearing my pulse or heartbeat in my left ear, especially when I lie down. I am about ready to make a doctors appointment. I have no pain like an earache just this loud heartbeat sound, it does subside but then comes back.
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

but I do have the same problem almost every time I lay down. It's annoying but I never thought too much about it - so please, if you do go to the doc and it is something horrible,let me know:) AMY
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I've had it for about eight years...only when I lie down.. only in my LEFT ear...especially preceeding a headache. Mine is definitely a heartbeat, but a swooshing kind of a pulse......I was even checked for a brain tumor...none there, as I knew there wouldn't be!

Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 10/21/2002]
  5. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

go eliminate high blood pressure. Lil'
  6. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

swooshing is a great word - I would've used that had I thought of it![This Message was Edited on 10/21/2002]
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and it's usually treated successfully, but I still have this sound.
    Love,
    Kady
  8. karen55

karen55 New Member

and mentioned it to my cardio doc, who told me it was nothing to worry about, since my blood pressure is normal. Do you have high blood pressure? I've noticed that it seems to come and go with me, I will hear it for a while, then I won't notice it for a few months, then it starts happening again.
  9. sean

sean New Member

that's what it be I reckon, feeling strong pulses in other areas than the chest, I have had this many times, the ear is sensitive, so is bound to be affected the most. Nothing to get overly concerned about. deep breathing exercises, helps me with this problem.
  10. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

This board never ceases to amaze me, I can always hear mine in my right ear, I have wondered also if I am weird. My hubby says no, he cannot.

I have always had this, as long as I can remember. Any ideas?

Jaci
  11. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

It's always a good idea to notify dr. and get checked..
    I used to get that a lot, do you ever take your pulse when you can feel it in your ear..Mine would always happen during palpitations, or a faster heart beat..Went to cardio years ago, had all kinds of tests, found nothing, they attribute it to my high anxiety and depression..
    I have been taking an rx for years to control heart rate..
    I know it's very annoying and when you lie down to go to sleep at night, it drives you up the wall..
    Best of Luck......Take Care......Donna
  12. froggy

froggy New Member

it could be blood presser of it could be Tintinabulation-caused by the drain tube be blocked- it drives me nut's at night and other times even druing the day- I have an appt. with an ENT. will know more next month.

Peace & Love Jan
  13. mellow

mellow New Member

I thought it was just some weird thing that happened to me. I can't believe that it happens to others. Mine is also in my left ear and only when I lie on that side and then not all the time. I take blood pressure medication and have it checked regularly. I'll also ask my doctor when I see him next. Let us know what you find out.

Mellow
  14. phenom

phenom New Member

i have this is both ears, but mainly the left. sometimes its so loud it either stops me sleeping or wakes me up! weird!

phenom
  15. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

but I thought it was just me and I was getting paranoid, I have been treated for high blood pressure for the last year so I can only assume it is that. It seems to tie in with what a lot of other people are saying.
    Pat.
  16. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

I underwent a very detailed exam back in 1999 by an ENT doctor, way before I was diagnosed with Fibro. I was diagnosed with Meiners Disease and have been on dyazide since....I spoke to my rhume who said that the muffled and water sensation in my left ear is truly meiners and not from fibro....so....what do you all say??? I am so confused. I do not like being on dyazide because of my concern for the loss of potassium and other necessary nutrients. I still experience the sensations...!!! sign me confused...BARB
  17. Nannibel

Nannibel Member

Thanks everyone for responding about the swooshing noise in my left ear........definitely sounds like a symptom we can include for this disease.....I just read reports of a Scandinavian study, and it mentioned CFS men reporting swooshing in their ears! My blood pressure has always been low, but I will check to see if its changed. So far, no one has mentioned anything too serious in relation to this, so I think i will be troubled less now. Please let me know
    if anyone finds out anything more on this.........thanks
  18. xomaryxo

xomaryxo New Member

Hi Everyone. I am new here. I was diagnosed on Wednesday with EBV which is connected with CFS? I am 42 years old. 16 years ago I had a swooshing noise in my right ear. It went on for a few weeks and it was when I laid down. Then one morning I woke up with no hearing in my right ear and tinitus. They have not been able to find out why I lost my hearing. I recently have been going to a chiro friend of mine and he had diagnosed me with TMJ. He is trying to get my hearing back but so far nothing. He is also the one who diagnosed my EBV. I was amazed how so many of you have the swooshing noise in your ear.

I am very confused about this whole thing. I also have hypoglycemia and alot of the symptoms are the same. I am sooooo fatigued all the time!!! No fevers though - my body temp and blood pressure always seem to be below normal.

Thanks to the webmaster for starting this site and for all its members. I am glad there is a place I can turn to for better understanding.

With love, peace, and prayers,
    Mary
  19. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

So Jaci can rest...lol
  20. rlh1961

rlh1961 New Member

It all drives me crazy. At night I can feel my heartbeat in my left ear while lying on my left side. I also hear ringing all the time unless I have the tv or radio on. I've been on BP meds for about 4 years and my BP is almost always normal. I do heart palpitations and anxiety attacks, so there are times that I can feel my heart beating loudly in my chest.