(Heart) Echocardiogram

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by michella, Jun 9, 2006.

1. michella

michella New Member

Just got my echocardiogram results. The first real test in 11 years that showed abnormal. Its absurd how elated I feel about it. I should be worried: I'm 27 years old and I have a heart problem. It's just so relieving to be validated.
  2. gladone

gladone New Member

Hello,

I hope all is not to bad as far as your results go.

I'm glad to hear you are not worried because we with this DD know it does us no good.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Hugs,
    Gladone

3. mwduffey

mwduffey New Member

In 97 at 31 I started with Mitral Valve prolapse, LOL and since then the list has grown.

Good luck i learned to live without the stuff that bothered it and life goes on, until they find the next problem and then we work on it. I just got FM added to my list yea, i am so lucky.

Hubbie told me the other day, the only thing left to find wrong with me is that i stopped breathing and was dead. He meant it with love and a joke. But it is the truth.

I know what it means to be validated it is a sense of relife taht we are not nuts and that we are not being drama queen for a day or life time ehheheh.

Melinda
  4. michella

michella New Member

Pulmonary hypertension, tricuspid insufficiency, and right atrial dilation. (mitral valve, tricuspid, and regurgitation and a little from the pulmonic valve too)
    Ranges from mild to moderate. Why, I don't know. What has caused this? I'm only 27. Lots of questions for my follow up appointment.
  5. millennia

millennia New Member

Fibromyalgia and MVP are related. It seems that a much larger percent of fibro patients have it than the general population. As far as I know, they still don't understand the connection (If I had a dollar for every time I heard or read those words about this damn illness I wouldn't have to worry about insurance). Sometimes it feels like FM stands for freaking meltdown, cause it seems like my whole body is breaking down.