HEART PALPITATION?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sydney, Dec 14, 2005.

1. sydney

sydney New Member

has anyone had trouble with heart palpatation or fluttering? My friend is on Beta blockers for racing heart "140" at rest. Mine is at 98 resting and fluttering if i do any exercise or stairs...my doctor is putting me on the treadmill. ANYONE ELSE?
  2. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

For me, the palpitations happen to "wake up" my heart... I have a slow heart rate (sometimes as low as 40bpm). I know there are others on the board with issues similar to yours however.
  3. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Hi Sydney,

I have the heart palpitations and fluttering as well. It scares me to death. My heart rate is the same as yours at rest, the min I do anything...ex: get up, raise my arms above my head, laundry, dishes, talk to much or sometimes just thinking about something my heart goes insane! I just don't get it.

The cardiologist gave me a stress test and said he only detected an extra beat....said it was no big deal women sometimes have an extra beat?????????? You know how they hate to exlain things....they're so arogant!

Any how my heart fluctuations happen so erraticly I can't predict when they will happen, sometimes I get them back to back to back! Sometimes it feels like I have to cough real hard or bang on my chest to get it beating normal again????

Does your feel like it flip flops sometimes? Mine does, and I feel it pounding in my throat. This is so strange. I don't understand why the doctors are not taking this seriously?? Of course if your a woman in your early 40s they think it's all in your head, if your a man in your early 40s it's off for a bunch of test ASAP!! Go figure!

and the beat goes on....

Hugs
    Sandy
  4. gvmeabrk

gvmeabrk New Member

My pulse is rapid most of the time runs about 98 also.I noticed that I have the fluttering when I am feeling my worst and I think I have figured out that the culprit is a virus.A couple years ago when I had warts on my hand my heart fluttered alot throughout the day scarring me to death!if I get excesively tired it will flutter also.But for the most part I have no flutters unless there is a virus and my 13 yr old experiences the same thing.I have noticed that once I get rid of the warts the fluttering stops.I went to a cardiologist and he put an over night monitor on me.I went back the next day to do the stress test and echo and the only thing I left with was humiliation when the doctor told me in a room full of people including an inmate!!!! to stop doing whatever drug I am doing.I couldn't believe what I was hearing I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! well needless to say I never went back and sad to say he is the only cardiologist in this town.But with all seriousness you need to be checked out really good because my mom has heart disease and she has the flutters all the time.That is why I always say I may not die from this disease directly but I am sure I will die because of it,I ignore many signs,and symptoms that can be associated with more serious things.
  5. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

((((gvmeabrk))))

Same thing here!! Almost identical expierence!! OMG!

What is going on????

Sandy
  6. Risk

Risk New Member

Hi Sydney and Sandy,

Ladies, my heart (no pun intended) goes out to both of you. For me, having that awful palpitating/fluttering feeling is the worst thing in the world. It immediately brings on a panic attack. I've had two cardiolite stress tests, more ekgs than I care to discuss, echocardiogram, holter monitor and all they say is that yes my heart skips beats, it's normal and most people don't feel them. Well, last night, as soon as I laid down on my left side, I couldn't stop them. They were so clear and loud. At times, it feels like there's a lump in my throat or that my heart needs to "flip" if that makes sense.

I always fear a heart attack. Right now, is a very stressful time for me, my husband has left and I know that my anxiety is through the roof. And my dr. is encouraging me to start walking again, but when I do, the adrenaline kicks in and I get the palps.

I'm so sorry that we all are going through this. I take zoloft and klonopin, but it's the fear of not knowing when they are going to hit.

I'll be thinking of all of you. Believe me,I empathize with you.

Hugs,

Rene
  7. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

(((((((RENE))))))

You make perfect sense!

I get everything your saying............what is with this paticular symptom. I always fear it's a heart attact! Do you ever get it bending over, I hate that. I now avoid bending over anymore, I try and crouch instead.

This will sound abit "risky" to some, and I'm sorry for that, but it's just something I have to ask. It's been bothering me for a long time. Here it goes...

Does the heart symptom ever happen during sexual relations?
    Mine always did, and it's that reason I started avoiding sex with my husband. It would scare the crap out of me and ofcouse brake the mood. My ex would get so angry, he hated that and said I was being selfish!!?? When the heart symptom would happen I would become so weak and uninterested, sometimes my leg and arm mucles would cramp up and burn. I lost all of my libido. Just not interested, no energy anyways.

Thanks for letting me vent that part. Again, I hope I did not offend anyone. If I did, I'm sorry.

Hugs
    Sandy

8. windymountain

windymountain New Member

I noticed when I got off foods with MSG or gluten, moved out of Naples Florida, where they use way too many pesticides and landscaping chemicals to keep it tourist-attractive, and moved up to the high mountains, my palpitations stopped completely. I used to use hawthorn capsules to control them back in Florida. I think what mostly stopped them was the gluten-free diet change. My blood pressure has gone down, and I lost some of my slowly creepingup weight, too. Now I am back into my size 10's. Try eating gluten-free.
  9. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

well I have accidently deleted everthing I just wrote! So I'll give you the short version now... LOL I'm even too tired to type <rolleyes>.....
    Anyways, I've had them for almost 19 years!I've had very scary moments and many trips to Dr. & ER! I have had tons of test too!
    They started right after I had my last son, I also had some depression that started ( probably post-partum) and I also started having Panic attacks too! Thank goodness my panic attacks have since gone away, its been almost 4 yrs now.
    Recently my Dr. wanted me to wear another holter monitor, Because I ask him to up my Toprol XL from 25mg to 50mg, even when, the test came back he didn't up it, needless to say I got mad, and asked to be see the Cardiologist, that I have always seen. He is fantastic! Ofcourse he reasurred me once again, that the palps were benign! Was glad to give me more medicine, and did give 50mg. I'm doing better now.
    They only come on when I'm really stressed out, and/or really super tired!
    Take care~Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 12/15/2005]
  10. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Whenever I am really tired and I get up in the morning or stand up, my heart races. I am taking 12.5 mg of Toprol XL. It helps and keeps my heart more stable.

GBHope
  11. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I have palpitations every day, worse when I'm stressed. It started about a month before my first FFC visit, I guess because it was stressing me so much. They've gradually gotten better since then. I just want to make them stop.

When my heart pounds, I get feeling anxious, just want my heart to calm down. I found out that if I gently tap my breast bone very fast, it stops the palpitations, but they come back again in a few seconds after I quit doing it.

Why do we get palpitations? Are there any suppliments that help the heart to beat more normally?
  12. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Its my scariest and worst symptom right now. My chest really hurts bad whenever my heart rate goes up. My doctor doesn`t seem to care. Its so frustrating.

Sandy
  13. Risk

Risk New Member

Hi. I know you asked the question about having intercourse and palps. Well, I think that's part of the reason that my husband left. I was terried that I would have a heart attack while making love. That sounds so stupid when I see it in print, but I know what you feel. I avoided it for so long, that it no longer mattered to me. It's the same with exercise. My doctor insists that I keep up with walking but today was the first time in 3 weeks. I walked at a medium rate for 20mins and now I'm scared that the panic will set in. How our brains affect our bodies is truly amazing.

Feel free to email me anytime.

ruekat@comcast.net.

Hugs,

Rene
  14. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

I also get heart palps. Mine get worse if I have caffine.

My doc will not take me seriously about checking it out though. Guess he thinks I couldn't possibly have anything wrong with my heart at 26.
  15. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

I have the same problems as everyone else. I started having palpitations when I was first diagnosed with Fibro. I know that part of it was the stress and anxiety of not knowing what was wrong with me, but then I would get them if I bent over, after I ate and was really full, exercising or sometimes I wont be doing anything but watching tv. I was scared so I went to a cardiologist, had several ekg, 48 hour holter monitor, sonogram of heart, blood tests, and everything came out fine. I used to get them everyday, but lately I get them every once in a while. I am young (21) not sure how old everyone else is, but it is nice to be able to relate to everyone.
  16. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

17. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

if you are under a lot of stress or even supressed stress, your heart can RACE and can feel like you are having a heart-attack.
    I wish you luck and please keep us posted :)
  18. toronto133

toronto133 New Member

Shortly after all the pain started last year, I developed tachycardia with a heart rate of 170. I am taking a mega dose of beta blocker to slow it down. But I still feel it racing.

My echo, and stress test were fine.

So, it seems like this is a common thing?

Denise