heart pounding at night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I put in the earplugs at night and hear THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. Not so bad, just annoying. What helps with this? Thank you. ()
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Are you having palpitations are is it the earplugs causing you to hear your normal heartbeat?

I could not stand to head that personally. Try sleeping without the earplugs.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

Hi Shannon. I guess it matters if its normal or not. I had the thump thump thump and since i started taking an over the counter (actually internet) iodine supplement called IOSOL, mine went away. I take one drop a day (for years now), and if i forget to take it, it comes back. Do a search on the top of the screen for iosol or iodine.
    Hope it helps. Peace
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

For me it seems to be connected to my candida. If I'm feeding it extra or killing it harder, it keeps me up with my heart pounding. Boy, I would like to take a flame thrower to those little buggers! Maybe it will calm down if I try harder to avoid carbs... But candida has really stuck around for me so far. Once I find something that will really make me sleep through the night whatever I do, I might me able to get more aggressive with killing them off. I don't sleep so well.
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

My heart really 'goes at it' of a night time. Not sure what causes it for me either. But any caffeine, or stimulants make it 100 times worse. I can't even have 1/2 a standard drink :(

Lease
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

When my anxiety disorder was not under control, I lay in bed at night, hearing my heart and feeling it pounding. I drove me nuts. When I took some anxiety med, it would stop...not the heart, but the loudness and pounding! (-:

Don't know what your medical history is, but that is my experience. I also could hear my heart when my husband left me in 1985...that was stress, horrid stress. Just remembered that. I guess time helped that one.

Best of luck finding a solution.

Sue
  7. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

Mine has been doing this at night since I began taking Tramadol--even though I take it in the a.m.