heart rate 55

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gumama, May 13, 2003.

1. gumama

gumama New Member

anyone experience a slow heart rate.. mine has been running between 55 and 60 for a while now.. I recently went off Maxzide due to severe leg cramps...my Bp is better off the diuretic than on it.. its also running low.. 100/55 most of the time.

I know that a normal resting pulse for adults is 60 to 90 so was wondering if its dangerous to have the heart beat lower than the 60..

thanks

Sandy in the Desert
  2. gumama

gumama New Member

No I'm not a runner..my usual heart rate is about 60 ..I have Menieres type symptoms and feel light headed and dizzy from that..

I just had blood work,chest xray and EKG done a month ago and everything is OK.!!! so I'm curious to see if it stays this low for a few more days.. I just came off Maxzide so don't know if this has anything to do with it or not.

thanks for the info its much appreciated.

sandy in the desert
  3. nikkin

nikkin New Member

Hi, don't know if this will help.. I too have a low heart rate.. ie around 60-68 most the time. Last week when I went in to have minor surgery.. it went down to 50 while in recovery area.. The nurse asked if I worked out.. I said yes, and when she said why she was asking I assured her it had nothing to do with my exercising.. ( I am not THAT in shape).. anyway.. I now wonder if I have been going this low for a while and have not checked. , or if it could be from drug they put me out with? .. I felt no different.. than normal..
  4. dd

dd New Member

My heart rate is always between 58 and 65 unless I am doing housework or something. My blood pressure is about 90/60 most of the time. I used to worry that I was too low on both the bp and the heart rate. I have asked my doctor if I should be worried and he says that he wished that all his patients had my stats. I am not a runner and don't exercise regulary either. I do get dizzy quite often though but I got dizzy a lot even before I had all these DD's. I attribute the dizziness to my allergies and sinus problems...but who knows....so many symptoms with FM and CFS.

A nurse in my doctor's office once told me that her bp is always around the 80/50 range so I should not be concerned with the 90/60 range. Then the doctor said that it is better to have a bp reading on the lower end of the scale than on the high end.

If you are worried though I would check with you doc just to put your mind at ease.

Debbie