heart skipping or rapid beats

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reeny64tang, Feb 17, 2006.

1. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

I have had little heart palpitations on and off for a few years (I was told that it was normal? with FM) I also had one episode of SVT (2 years ago)VERY SCAREY!!! For the last few days I have had some weird experiences -- my heart seems to be either skipping a few beats, or having just a few really really strong rapid heart beats -- when these happen I kind of feel a little weird / light headed, I kind of feel like I'm short circuiting....a little confused... anyone else have episodes like this and is it associated with our FM? I'm sure I will get yelled at by some to get to a dr. or hospital -- but they come and go just as quick.....
    Thanks
    Noreen
  2. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

I guess I just got a little nervous because no one around me has FM, so I rely on this board. Thanks for taking the time to reply. This weather is killing me....very achy..can't wait to get home and wrap up in something warm and relax!!!
  3. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

Hello,
    My heart races also. I have high blood presure. My doc put me on Toprol XL and it has really calmed down. I have had rapid pulse for a year now well until I started taking that medicne. My new doc gave it to me. My old doc said it was just the fibro dont worry about it. My new doc didnt agree. I must say I feel a whole lot better now.
    Chat soon and hope you get to feeling better
    melinda
  4. reeny64tang

reeny64tang New Member

get checked out......When I had the SVT episode a couple years ago, they put me on Topral, but I didn't have any more episodes after six months and I don't have high blood pressure, and no heart problems showed up, so they took me off it. This is a different feeling from the SVT, but I have seen other posts on this subject here on the board so I figured I would run it by you all first. Thanks for all your responses.
    Noreen
  5. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Noreen,
    I started taking calcium pyruvate just for that problem of irregular heatbeats. Someone here recommended that supplement, and I found it really helps. You can also put calcium pyruvate into the search here and read the different posts on it.

K.
  6. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

It is so scary when the heart palps happen. Mine are almost painful. I also have chest pain when I have several palps in a row.

I just got done Wednesday with a 48 hour holter monitor. I hope to hear something from my doc soon about the results.

I have been doing investigation into the palps and I must say, there is some scary stuff out there about it. Read that if you have atrial fibrillation you increase your chances of stroke and heart attack. Nice.

7. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

Yes, I do get them. The ones you describle (feel like really strong rapid heart beat, and light headed) does happened to me a lot. The dr prescribed me with Atenolol, beta blocker. They haven't found anything or know why I get to have heart race all the times. They do assoicate with my legs weakness. One of dr thought I might have POTS but of course, my card. dr thought that was out of questions since I don't pass out (even though I did passed out on tilt test).