Heart Virus Treatment Message

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Andrew111, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

I have searched and can't seem to find this. But I remember a woman starting a thread about a treatment she got that worked for her. The treatment was based around the theory that there is a virus in the heart. She also mentioned that her doctor did not have to biopsy the heart, because he used blood test results to see evidence of the virus.

Does this ring a bell. Can anyone point me to this message?
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Sorry, I missed the message. I DO know that Dr Cheney believes strongly that the heart is affected by viruses. Maybe a search on the www can guide you in the right direction.

Possibly also Professor Garth Nicolson. he is the mychoplasma "expert",,,LOL! His page is here: http://www.immed.org/index.htm

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
  3. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Thanks. Your message actually helped a lot. Using "Cheney" in a Google search, I found most of what I was looking for.
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Try a google on Dr Martin Lerner of Michigan. He also treats CFS by assuming it's a heart virus. He has CFS himself and has helped many others.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Years ago that they have found parts of viruses in the sacs surrounding the hearts of people who have died of congestive heart failure.

More and more research is being done now on the complications which viruses cause down the road long after they make people feel sick.

Love, Mikie
  6. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Hi Mollystwin. Thanks for the tip about Dr. Lerner. I did what you suggested and found his web site.
  7. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Thanks for the offer to bump the messages about heart virus. Please don't go to all this trouble. I have found lots of information by searching on Cheney and Lerner, and I'm afraid that bumping a lot of messages will push too many other messages off the first page.
  8. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

of high doses of valtrex for two years. After being in bed most of the time, I found I could function better after three or four months. At least I did not have to stay in bed all of the time.
    It takes at least three months to see results , but valtrex and acyclovir CAN reduce viral loads of Epstein Barr .

Unfortuantely , I still have lyme disease , discovered years later , but anti virals are REALLY worth a try .

There rare other herbs that have antiviral properties that can be added to the regimen like andrographis , samento , olive leaf extract . Garlic and high doses of VIT C are also powerful allies with viral infections . You do have to remember you will probably feel worse
    in order to feel better .

Vitamin D and colostrum are also great immune boosters . Doctors now advocate a much higher dose of Vit D .