Heartbeat in ear?? anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Jun 25, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I know this is not a fms question but this is very bothersome! For the last 2 weeks I have been hearing my heartbeat in my left ear. I wear earplugs at night and do have allergies. Is this something I need to run to a doc for?
    thanks,
    Judy
  2. shazz

shazz New Member

I have for a long time, I don't hear it just sitting here, but when I lay down at night there it is.
    I haven't dropped dead yet, but if it is scaring you, maybe you should go in and have it checked.
  3. mstg

mstg New Member

I had that too, and my cardiologist ran some ultra sound test on the neck and said I had some blockage they didnt say how much but that it is on both sides...I would have it checked if I were u..Good Luck....
  4. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

Yes, while at rest I hear it all the time and have wondered for some time now if it meant anything. I hear it much more with earplugs in but I'd think thats pretty normal. I've had tests done by cardiologist and he said I had nothing to worry about but I sometimes wonder. I guess allergies may have something to do with it but not sure.

Couldn't this be a symptom of the hypercoagulation many of us have? There's been lots of info posted on that lately which may have some clues, I haven't read it all yet.

I'd say it can't hurt to ask doctor...many times the symptoms we think don't mean a thing are clues to some other condition other than FM/CFS. Please leave a post for me if you find out anything.

Blessings,
    Shaky
  5. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I'd be curious if you find out anything, too.

I first heard my heartbeat about 10 years ago, and thought it was my upstairs neighbors making whoopee. After finally realizing they couldn't be doing it *that* often, or whatever, I finally figured out it was my pulse.

Anyway, I'm curious because I've heard it often since then (usually when it's quiet and almost always when I wear earplugs) and have always discounted it.
  6. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I've had this on and off all my life. Sometimes it's a sign that my blood pressure is too high, or that I'm stress, which is probably the same thing, right? I'd mention it to your doc, but it's probably not much to worry about.
    Mar
  7. Stillkicking

Stillkicking New Member

Because you have allergies its probably related to that and maybe a slight sinus infection. Buy some saline nasal spray and use 2 sprays in each nostril 3 times a day. It keeps me from catching other infections, eleminates allergy problems and those earaches I was plaged with.

Don't waste your money on doctors until you have tried the simple healthy things first.

Good luck and be well.
  8. HAJW

HAJW New Member

I have had this all my life, as a child I would imagine it was ants marching under my pillow. I have allergies also, but can't seem to find it happens when they flare. I just thought it to was something that happened to everyone.
    I do seem to notice it more if I can't sleep.

Lots of luck, keep us posted.
    Heather
  9. starstella

starstella New Member

In my left ear, when I am lying down. Interestingly, I have more problems on the left side of my neck and left shoulder. Plan to discuss with doc next visit.
  10. marecee58

marecee58 New Member

Referred to as Pulsatile Tinnitus: I hear it 24 hrs a day and 7 days a week and find it extremely annoying! ENT ordered an MRI to check for possible "common" cause (glomus tumor.) Films revealed no glomus tumor but showed a small arachnoid cyst on the left side of my brain. Neurosurgeons and neurologists advised it is congenital and "asymptomatic." Also had a brain angiogram (what a horror) which revealed no vascular abnormalaties (another possible cause of Pulsatile Tinnitus.) No one has been able to determine the cause and I have basically given up for the time being; too many doctors and too many tests and NO answers. The only thing that I know is the pulsing sound started around the same time the FMS symptoms got severe.
  11. klarry

klarry New Member

I can relate to this. I get it at random times, never for very long. It is upsetting, but probably not serious. You may want to see a doctor if it is constant. Part of this disease is being super sensitive to our bodies, which may account for hearing our heart beats.