heartburn

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ABLUV, Apr 17, 2006.

1. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

Does anyone get heartburn or reflux flare when you take the following:

Neurontin
    Zoloft
    Cymbalta
    Lyrica
    Topamax
    Klonopin
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Gly

Gly New Member

I started Topamax a few weeks ago and my reflux symptoms have flared up. But I've also been lying down more because I'm so tired, so I don't know if that's what's aggravating it.
  4. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

Do you take anything for the reflux?
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Don't be like me who suffered for 4 months with chest pains from GERD. I ended up with bacterial pneumonia and now have erosive esophagus and GERD. I'm on Nexium 40 mg. for this and it has helped with the horrible heartburn and chest pain I had for 4 months.

I waited and thought I would get over it and I didn't. I'm not on any of the meds on your list, but I'm on other meds and the GERD is just something that happened to me, more than likely, because I have gastroparesis since 1990.

The Nexium has been wonderful to be able to sleep again without the horrible chest pains that kept me up most nights. I'm on Prozac, Xanax, Detrol, Cytomel, Lipitor, Diclofenac, Cytotec, and Lortabs.

Hope you will feel better.

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

reflux meds but I just wanted to know if anyone has had any stomach upset from these meds so that I can know how to manage the reflux as best I can and still be able to sing.
  7. Nellie2

Nellie2 New Member

I get it worse when I am taking the Neurontin and Ibuprofen together.

I also take Nexium 40mg. I have a history of heartburn and have also needed to take Zantac in the past.

I don't take the other medications you take.

I could not survive without my Nexium!