Heat and Itching

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kriss3031, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Kriss3031

Kriss3031 New Member

Hi Again.. I just laid on a heating pad.. For the stiffness and pain in my buttocks.. After maybe a minute I started to itch like crazy.. Does anyone know what that can be from?? The same thing happens when my husband uses this massager we have that he uses on me.. The itching was pretty intense, What is the cause of this
  2. Lendi

Lendi New Member

I visited with my Dr. about this very thing a couple of days ago. I am especially itchy if I'm outside in the heat or in a warm bath. Actually, I've been itching that deep down many places itch for a month or so whether in the heat or not. Anyway, back to the subject, she said that itching is a low level of pain and that our brain is processing it as an itch instead of a pain. Makes sense. Heat is helping the pain, but not getting totally rid of it. So, lower level of pain. Maybe this is the answer for you, too.
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I have FMS/CMPD and I have the Histamine problem that people with this Combo, can get. I take Vistril 3x's a day for it, and I have Quit scratching.

Right now the Fleas are Horrid in Ca. and just walking outside, I can pick up a flea, but at least now when they bite me, I don't Swell up like I use to, just a small red dot, that itched for about 30 sec's.

You might want to do a Search on Histamine, seems like a lot of folks are having that problem this time of year.

Good luck,
    Sincerely,
    sharon