Heat Exaustion And Infrared Saunas??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, May 7, 2006.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

Hi
    I suffer all the time with heat exaustion.

I used to think it was just me not being able to stay in the sun and always being boiling hot and tired so we got 2 air cons but yesterday I brushed my wooden floor for about 5 minutes and I was sssoooo out of breath and my body was beet red!!
    Had to lie down.This is all the time now and a bit scary!

My breathing has been getting worse lately but I have been tested on a machine at hospital and was told it was ok.

This happens a lot to me now and I know it is not just hot weather cos it here in England we have only had a few sunny days this year!
    So I looked on the net and found out about hyperthermia which seemed to point to some of my symptoms and it led me to check out the Infrared Sauna.

All the results Ive found seem to say they are good for fibro but I dont want to waste money on them if they are not because they are expensive.

I really need help cos last year was a killer for me and the weather here still quite chilly and I am hot already.

Anyone heard anything about them??

Stay Cool

Rena
  2. Paracelsus

Paracelsus New Member

Far Infrared Radiation (FIR) saunas are generally quite good for detoxification regimens for CFSID/FM.

A good FIR sauna treatment, if done properly, can help you sweat out toxins that an overloaded liver and kidney can't handle (in a compromised, chronically ill individual).

However, please do your research and buy carefully. They are a lot of FIR saunas at many price points, and not all of them are a good buy.

You should pace yourself carefully when you begin FIR sauna sessions. Many CFSID/FM patients can not handle thermal stress well, and too much heat too soon can make them worse (although some blame it on "herxing").

Please search this website under sauna or FIR or infrared and you will find much info to help you.

Good luck, and may your body be lighter and cleaner soon.
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Rena, I don't know about this sauna you're referring to, but if you're already suffering from heat exhaustion, it seems that would add to that.

I have Lupus & have the same symptoms as you. Anything I do, I get overheated & exhausted. So I have to avoid hot baths, saunas, sun, etc.

Just would be careful around heat. Have you been checked for Lupus?

LIGHT*********carole
  4. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I just got mine and I absolutely love it. I bought a Far Infrared Sauna from Bob Morgan owner of Heavenly Heat Saunas. I researched for two weeks before buying. I asked a lot of ?'s too and I found that his saunas are the only ones that I would recommend to anyone. All the other saunas I found were made with glues which outgases toxins. Also the heaters would have aluminum in them which also outgases toxins. Most all are made in China and his are USA made in Arizona. He puts in writing that there are no glues, no varnishes, nothing toxic what so ever. The very ill and chemically sensitive buy his saunas. Try googleing "Heavenly Heat Saunas". Sorry, I can't remember the website. There are more than one.

Skierchik
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Try to get a copy of Sherry Rogers 'Detoxify or Die'. She explains why FIR saunas are much better and safer for people like us. Thye are extremely effective and you don't get as hot as in conventional saunas.

Kathy.