Heat Exhaustion, Heat Stroke

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kimfibro, Jun 21, 2006.

1. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

the other day i took my son to visit a friend who has Alaskan Husky pups (5 of them!!)

we've visited before, taking the pups out to play beneath her swing with an awning and near trees. we filled up a basin and watered down the pups often so they were comfy and could continue their playing.

well, it was HOT here. and i should have know better. after a few hours there (and coaxing 2 of the pups out from under her very low to the ground deck w/food!!!!) we left.

got home, read for a bit, napped for an hour only to wake up feeling nauseous and exhausted. this last 3-4 hours! note: my friend has been recently diagnosed w/fm!!! we spoke later in early eve and SHE TOO suffered in the same ways.

PLEASE take care when out this summer. don't do what i did. the humidity that day was high, the sun was out but we did take shelter from it for the most part.

being EXTREMELY SENSITIVE to summer in the first place i, simply put, was FOOLISH and ending up SUFFERING. everyone: stay smart, stay cool. :)
  2. Suzan

Suzan New Member

We just moved from WI to KY, and have a pool. While I am thrilled to have more hot days as I love being in the water..it hasn't taken me long to remember that I can only be in the heat for a short time ...and then I need a break. If I stay out too long..I end up feeling sick, and it takes hours to have that feeling leave me!

Sorry that you had to be reminded of this by feeling badly!
    But..that was how I remembered too!LOL I guess sometimes we just want to be normal..so if we are doing ok...we dont' want to think about the consequences later on huh? Well, have a great summer...just cool down more often!