Heat is Draining Me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luv2float, Jun 5, 2008.

1. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I live in SC and we have been in a serious drought for quite some time.

All of a sudden the weather has gone from spring mild 80's to the 100's. The heat is literally draining me of my strength, what;'s left of it. I walk outside and it completely takes over. I can't imagine staying inside for another summer.

Are any of you experiencing this? What are we supposed to do? I can't stay inside all the time. Plus my air conditioning bill is outrageous!
  2. kellyamos

kellyamos New Member

I can completely relate to the heat taking a toll on me too. And guess where I live??? Phoenix, AZ...

Thankfully we don't have the humidity here like you do. But when it gets to 115 degrees, it is miserable. I grew up in Illinois and remember the humidity being like 95 percent with temperatures of 95. I don't know which is worse.

I pretty much just try to stay indoors throughout the summer and I just hate not being able to be outside. You are not alone in this heat battle...

Try to stay cool and wish for fall to hurry up and get here...

3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I'll trade you for a short time. We cannot seem to get to late spring/summer. We had 2 days of summer temps and that is about it. It is going to be 40's nights and 60 days for about the next week.

I just need some warmth. Though I cannot function outside in it I need relief from this.
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I life in the midwest and we have had more rain than I ever remember.

Now it is in the high eighties, low nineties and the humidity is awful as well as the mosquitoes from a lot of standing water.

We have not had a spring.

It is as humid here as when I lived in Houston.

I have closed all the windows, let the house get really cool and then set the thermostate pretty high.

Like you I hate being indoors. I do not like air conditioning as I like open windows, but do not have any choice.

I am also concerned about my air conditioning bill.

If it were not for being near my family I would move. A friend was telling me about her trip to San Diego and the weather was gorgeous.

Anyone from San Diego here?

Take care,