Heat is making me feel more fatiqued

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Aug 17, 2012.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I feel almost worse in this hot weather than I do in the cold weather. Is that normal for fibro? NOt that fibro is any thing normal. I have had more aches and sharp pains that come out of the blue and I have been brusing more.
    Life is hectic as always and I struggle with family , friends , daughters and husband about why I feel like I do.

I wonder how I can get the point across to my family about how fibro effects me, I get so emotional that it is pathic, I cry when I try to talk about my feelings about living with fibro and my emotions get the best of me when I am stressing over issues that I don't fully understand.

I am so sick of hurting so much, of feeling so fatiqued that I can't stay awake all day. I can't sleep good at night and so I end up sleeping during the day. I have so much I want to do and need to do that I really wish I could fix this not sleeping at night . I so much want to be normal, to be able to live my life how I want and to do all the things I want to do. Yet normal won't ever happen for me. I can't walk for a long distance, I can't do things I want to like go camping and sleep at night when everyone else is sleeping. I want to be happy and that I have the power to change and I am working on it.
    Thank you for letting me gripe about life.
  2. ikathy

ikathy New Member

Maybe you need to have an overnight sleep study done to determine why are you having difficulty sleeping. There can be many reasons for the sleep problems. Look online about proper sleep hygiene techniques. Practice those first and if that doesn't help you then you have may have to get a sleep study done. You may have to take medication to assist you in getting the sleep that you need, but the sleep dr. has to determine what your issues are.

Fibro is overwhelming because there are so many issues to address. Put your energy into fixing the sleep problems first. One thing at a time and it won't be so overwhelming.

3. neoplus1

neoplus1 Member

so much worse as well. If it is hot and especially if the humidity is up, the moment I walk outside it feels like the life is being drained from me. I get very fatigued and dizzy. Basically it just causes my symptoms to get worse.

Sleeping is very important and you should definitely not give up on trying to get some good nights sleep. As previously suggested, maybe have a sleep study. There are a lot of things to try to do for sleep so keep researching.
  4. mai

mai New Member

Hiya Rosemarie,
    Al the way from the Scottish Borders!!!! ..... I 'know" you are MORE than likely on 'the night-shift' ...... like ME!!!! .... and... ALSO 'KNOW' ...
    .....you are probably way toooo puggledy-poooop"d..... to feel up to replying to this....... but... hey......who 'understands' that......any BETTER than li'l ol' MOIS!!!!! :) ...... Just 'felt - the - urge' to 'make contact' ...... :)
    KOKO ... K.eep O.n Keep'n' O.n ........
    Warmest Wishes & Huggelzzzzzzz from way-over-the-sea... but still....only-a-thought-away........ Complete... Understanding.... and Love from Me to You ....... Mai Xxx :) ... hope this 'helps' ..... a wee smidg'n X :)
  5. MsE

MsE New Member

The heat drives me nuts! I don't want to do anything except sit in front of a fan and read or watch TV. Today has been cool for the first time in a week, and I am so thankful! I live in the Pacific NW, and I can't imagine how anyone with CFS or Fibro manages if they live in a part of the country that gets zapped with heat regularly in the summer. You have my sympathy Rosemarie. And yes, it does add to the emotional drain we deal with constantly.