Heat or cold

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HeavenlyRN, May 25, 2010.

1. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Which seems to bother those of you with FM more?

I'm pretty heat intolerant - always have been - but lately the cold and damp just do me in.

Just wonderin'.
  2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

The FIRST thing I figured out was I cant tolerate temp EXTREMES. Of either one. Of course 86 degree pool water is extreme on my list. Other ppl find it refreshing. I find it painful. If the weathers too hot im miserable and if its too cold im miserable. I cant win. Just sayin....
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I cannot stand the cold weather or cold anythihg, unless I am eating cold ice cream on a hot day :) ! I am a mess with my thyrold problems and my FM, CMFP and hi b/p !.

When it is cold out I am soo stiff and hurty alot worse but when it gets really hot like it is t starting to do here, it makes me feel faaint and sweat like a piggy. I m guessing some of that is also from the hi b/p mes I am on.

I love a hot tub of preetty warm pool. I won't even try and get in if either one is cool, even on a hot day, unless it is more warm that cool.-maybe I am wierd!

Winters are bad for me and it seems like I never can get warm enough. BTW, I am living in TX here the weather is never that COLD. I did grow up in NY so I know all about really cold weather.

Oh, how different we are !!. However, it seems like an awfdul lot of people with FM hate the cold more than the hot.

Yes, and the DAMPNESS makes it all the worse and everywhere I have lived it l has been damp.

[This Message was Edited on 05/25/2010]
  4. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

both can trigger Fibro flares for me. Humidity is very draining to my system.

What was the illness of the movie John Travolta played in years ago, i think it was
    the Boy that lived in a Bubble ??

Good post Jan

I wish us all well as we can be