heat sensitve and numbness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wildvine, Mar 10, 2007.

1. wildvine

wildvine New Member

I have been diagnose with cfs this week. My mri was normal so ms was ruled out I'm not sure if I have the proper diagnose. Every time I get hot, my face gets numb. The sides of my head also gets numb and my ears. I don't hear well like I have water in my ears. I'm wondering if any of you experience this with cfs. Thanks
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

This doesn't sound normal to me--as a cfs problem.

Maybe you will have to be checked out by an ENT doc and/or a Neurologist.

What was your MRI of?
  3. wildvine

wildvine New Member

My mri was for the brain. My family doctor suspected ms. Since my mri came out normal, my neuro diagnose me with cfs. I'm not sure if I got the right diagnose.
  4. ephemera

ephemera New Member

wildvine

A big Welcome.

Your story is similar to mine. I've had regular hot face episodes for nearly 10 years.

It happens off & on, but when it happens it is for hours.

Part of my face will be hot, the opposite side cold (one hot ear, one cold ear, etc.). I'll also get numbness along my jaw line, etc.

The heat (which is extreme redness) doesn't go into my forehead or below my jaw line. It just rotates on its own.

I do get serious ringing in my ears, but usually this is independent of the hot face.

some doctors have see my face get red. It's not rosaecia, but nobody has an anwser.

I havedn't had an MRI, one of the few tests I haven't done yet.

best wishes to you!
  5. wildvine

wildvine New Member

Thanks ephenera. I was beginning to think I was the only odd ball on this board. It's such a wicked feeling when this happens. I freak out every time. Do u get real tired when this happens? I know it I get so tired from being hot that I have to go lay down. Let me know. Thanks
  6. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Wildvine,

After a few years on this board, I can assure you we are not the only ones with "odd" symptoms.

I'm sure I can fry an egg on my face when it gets hot.

I'm going to see a neurologist in about 2 weeks & I will mention this facial oddity to yet another doc. Maybe I'll get an opinion to share.