Heated Mattress Pad users—What Brand???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Dec 19, 2005.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I know lots of people like the heated mattress pads better than electric blankets. I’ve been looking at the stores, and all I have found so far is Sunbeam. And the wires in the Sunbeam seem VERY thick to me.

What brand heated mattress pad do you have? Can you feel the wires underneath you? What store did you buy it from? Or did you buy it online?

Thanks,
    Katy

[This Message was Edited on 12/19/2005]
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

westpoint stevens Restwarmer ordered from JC Penneys... couldn't live without it here in cold snowy Ohio
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thanks for the response!

I looked at the Restwarmer on the JCPenney website. It seems like the wires are pretty visible. Can you feel them at all?

Katy
  4. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I got mine from ComfortHouse online.

Jan
  5. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

Got mine from Wal-mart, dual controls, don't feel the wires..I have a feather topper on top of it, & the feathers are really nice and warm when I get into bed..I have it on a timer to go on about 45min b4 bedtime & goes off after 2hrs. in bed. B4 getting the feather topper, I didn't feel the wires either..

Love mine, less stiff in the AM...

Be Well;
    Fifth
  6. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I have never noticed how big the wires are and I just have my sheet over mine. I have raynaulds so I guess I just drool over the heat on my tootsies since there are more heating wires at the bottom than the top. Hope this helps you some!
  7. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

TwinMa,

Mine is a Biddeford. I bought it at Kohl's. I absolutely love it!! I don't feel the wires.

Sheila
  8. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

It's good to know that the wires don't seem to bother anyone.

Fifth - I love your idea of putting a feather topper over the pad. Since I have Princess and the Pea syndrome, I definitely wouldn't feel the wires with that solution! I have a Cuddle Ewe, and I could just put that on top of the pad. Warm wool, mmmmm. And the timer idea is genius!

I think I will head off to Penney's or Kohl's tomorrow and see what they have in stock. I have a Penney's about 2 miles away, and Kohl's is walking distance!

Thank you all for your input!

Katy
  9. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

CuddleEwe on top of my Sleep Number mattress and then the heated mattress pad and then the sheet.

Sheila
  10. hopemate

hopemate New Member

Someone recommnded a full-sized heated bed pad to my wife. Is this what you're refering to? If so, where are they available, and at what cost? We have a Kohl's, Target, Walmart, Sears, Penneys. I could probably also find this online if I knew a brand name.
    And this brings up a different subject. I ordered something my wife needed in her treatment (to save a few bucks - cheap, huh?) and it arrived about 12 days too late. So know the ordering/delivery process before-hand if you need something right away. The company may not respond forthwith with your order.
  11. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

To Hopemate: Mine is a Biddeford Queen size heated mattress pad. They make them in all sizes. I bought it at Kohl's during a sale about 6 weeks ago. I absolutely love it!!

Sheila
  12. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Mine is a Westpoint Stevens RestWarmer. It has double heating wires in the bottom half and automatic shut-off. I put a regular mattress pad on top of it and do not notice the wires. It was a Christmas present from my parents a few years ago, so I don't know the source or price, although it was definitely not purchased on-line.
  13. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I ended up going to JCPenney's and found the Restwarmer on sale for 30% off. The full size single control was marked down from $79.99 to $55.99.

Then I looked at the JCPenney on-line store and found the exact same thing on sale for $39.99. Even with shipping, it was way less to buy on-line. I even bought two for my twin daughters. Two twin mattress pads for two twins!

So I got three mattress pads with shipping for $138! Seems like a good deal to me! In about a week, we'll have three toasty beds to climb into! My girls are gonna love that!

Thanks for everyone's input! I truly appreciate it!

Katy