Heavvy leg feelign

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Granniluvsu, May 7, 2006.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi there all,

Does anyone have that heavy legged feeling when they walk? It seems very strange but have had it for a long while? Just wondering if anyone has had this strange feeling? Just another stupid symptom ??

Thanks so mcuh !

Marilyn
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

It feels as though I'm walking through syrup. I think it is another one of those DD symptoms. LOL

It usually hits when I'm really tired...like I'm not all the time...but when I'm even more tired that "usual".

Then it's time for bed. LOL

God Bless.
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

that my legs are so heavy I can hardly take another step. Usually it's a day when I'm retaining fluids. But it can be a symptom of something else, and I am sorry but I can not think of the name.

Have you ever asked your doctor about it? Do you retain fluids? I take Lasix when my legs are swollen, sometimes it seems to help and other times it doesn't.

I never had this problem until they removed my thyroid. As bad as I felt before the thyroid cancer, I could now multiply it by ten, and I am so so tired of this.

It would probably be a good idea to discuss the symptom with your doctor.

Dara
  4. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

My legs are a major issue with me. I do have OA in both knees. but my legs get so weak and tired(muscles) that I can barely go_One of the reasons why I cannot walk enough to lose weight.They hurt really bad every 4-6 hous when the vicodin wears off.
  5. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Have you checked your blood for Coagulation? Sometimes with CFS and FM if you started with an infection then your blood can get coagulated with extra Fibrin that builds in the blood and sticks to your vessels. Do a test from Hemex labs called the ISAC Test. You can find more info on the web or here about them. Or just have your doctor test for Fibrinogen and Soluble Fiber Mon. and other indicators in the blood.

Hope this helps.

Chootik
  6. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I get that too, where it feels like my legs have thousand pound weights attached to them. Lately, I've also had a new symptoms...my legs will just give out. They will feel realy weak and, usually just one leg, will kind of buckle under me. Yikes...it's a bad feeling. I'm getting more clumsy.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  7. Granniluvsu

Thanks for your informative and helpful posts. I only went to my rheumy once so i did not mention it. I was to busy trying to get her to give me a dx, giving her my history etc !!!

Thanks also for you support. Boy was I typing fast aned making lots of errors in my posting this query (-: !!!

Glad to meet you all !I only joined a 2-3 weeks ago Iwould guss and had not been dxed at that time.

Blessings,

Marilyn
  8. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I get the heavy legged feeling when I walk also. Usually it's how I guage my exhaustion level. When I start feeling heavy, if I sit for about 1/2 hour it feels better. If I don't stop, it just gets worse and puts me into a flare for the next 5 days or so. I have learned also, that if I do not to push myself to the point of the heavy legs, I can put more days between the flares.
    Best wishes to you. Nanna
  9. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Question for you all. Have any of you been tested for Coagulation and if so has anyone done Heparin or other blood thiner meds to see if that helps with the heavy leg??

I have this too, plus I have swollen ankles, so I thought this was just part of the coagulation! If not, then I have to figure out why we're getting this heavy leg feeling??

Thanks

Chootik
  10. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Yes the heavy feeling of walking like your legs were telephone poles is the feeling I have too. My ankles swell excessively due to high blood pressure even with heavy duty diuretics and hypertensive medications. Sometimes my arms feel like I need a sling to hold them up. I just feel huge and heavy and weighed down.

TxSongBird
  11. Granniluvsu

Hi guys,

Thanks you all for all your posts. I enjoyed reading them and perhaps even learned something (-: !!! This time I even spelled the title correctly ! Hope to hear from you all again soon.

Blessings,
    from That Granni