Heavy arms and legs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Countrymom, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Today I feel as if my arms and legs have tripled in weight and it is so hard to get anything done. It doesn't help that I put off laundry until today and I am having trouble just folding the clothes. My daughters(2 and 3) have actually been a great help. They are putting all of the clothes in and transferring to the dryer, course it takes FOREVER but it is helping me and they get so excited and proud. I just took some upstairs and put them away and I had to lay down for 20 minutes before coming to type this. Now I need to go lay back down.

Does this happen to anyone else?
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I get that feeling quite often - not so much in my arms but in my legs. I notice that it takes a lot of effort to lift them and I have tripped up the stairs a few times when it is like that.

It is good that your girls will help you when you feel this way. It does make it easier!

Kelly
  3. kac1960

kac1960 New Member

I think many of us with FM experience the same thing , I try not to do anything that involves reaching, it hurts and they feel so heavy cannot walk very far either, is almost impossible to climb stairs many days . Your not alone .
    Kathy
  4. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I sometimes get that way. Some days if I had to chop something on the cutting board on the counter it's like my arms hurt too much to just lift them that much.
    Tigger
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

On some days I feel like my arms and legs are encased in cement. Doing the simplest thing that requires lifting my arms or my legs is very difficult.

It is wonderful that your little ones are helping you! It takes longer but is good training for them. I wish that I had made my illness more of a learning experience for my two boys who are now grown.

They can learn to do a lot around the house, not to mention learning to empathize.

Pepper
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

It reminds me of just getting over the flu. You know, when you first get up and try to shower and stuff. Too hard!

The worst for me is washing my hair. In the kitchen it's grating cheese! My DH doesn't like the pre-grated stuff, but that's what I use most of the time. If he wants grated Tilamok cheese he can grate it himself!

Hugs
    Greenbean
  7. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Thanks so much for your responses. Although I hate that many others feel this way, I at least know I am not the only one. I have had some weird symptoms for so long that I take them for granted, I am so happy to have found this board and know I am not alone.
    Dani
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2005]
  8. Empower

Empower New Member

Yes, heavy legs (and I don't mean weight) were my first symptom of FMS
  9. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

That is absolutely adorable, your daughter's helping!! My little 1 year old tries to wipe the floor when she spills, and wash the dishes,,,