Heavy bleeding fibroid UAE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

I got the UAE (fibroid embolization) due to a large fibroid back in April. Starting in August my periods have cut down buy 70%!!

The UAE only was a overnight stay and you aren't put out

What is funny is before I got sick (6yrs) I would take a vacation day off a month cause I'd bleed so bad and didn't want a mark on my perfect attendance at work.

Well got a huge raise in Jan and got sick Jan 14 and never been back for 6 yrs.

Anyway COndzleeza Rice had it (UAE) done too. OBGYN don't want to refer you as they lose busness from doing the removal of fibroid which is major surgery and the fibroid can come back.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

had it done. It didn't work for her, and she wound up having a hysterectomy a year or so later. I'm so glad all is better with you. I also had big problems with fibroids, etc. before hysterectomy 18 years ago. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Glad for the success. You are an employee to kill for...perfect attendance. That is wonderful. You must be one special person.

Sue
  3. Rene

Rene New Member

Sorry it didn't work for you sister. It has an 84% success rate so I figured why not.

Did you keep your ovaries? I have two grapefruit cysts one on each ovary.

Thanks for the compliment! I don't even remember have any compliment in years except when I could work. I did just go out to lunch for the 1st time in three years a couple of weeks ago. What a contrast to perfect attendance!
  4. Rene

Rene New Member

5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

For a compliment, I mean. All those qualities you showed at work must come through in other parts of your life. The people in your life must be blind not to compliment you!

I had my ovaries left in as I was only 40 and there was nothing wrong with them. If I'd had cysts on them and the cysts couldn't be removed or if they couldn't guarantee that they wouldn't come back, I think I would have had them taken out. But, that's a "what-if" and so I really don't know what I would have really done! (-:

Do you have FM or CFS or what? You have been dx for six years now; are you getting the help you need medically for the DD?

Glad to hear you went out to lunch. We all need to do fun things! Sometimes it is really hard for me to get ready and go do them, but once I'm there, I usually have a good time.

Have a great day.

Sue
  6. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Sue, I have CFS. I'm not yet forty but I do want to keep my ovaries. Not that I'll have kids cause I live alone and don't get out much but to the stores. Yes I went to the NIH last yr as I also have orthostatic intolerance as a lot of us do. It was the most fun I ever had in a long time as I got to be around people.

The National Institute of Health flew me there (Outside of D.C>) for free and I had to buy 3 palne seats as I can't sit up that long due to weakness,

I think drs are wanting us to keep our ovaries now instead of getting them out. One oncologist told me to get it out the other said don't worry about the cyst. So I'm getting a 3rd opinion. Thankfully they don't hurt!
    TC
    RENE
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I know for some time that when a lady had a hysterectomy, they just took out everything, no questions. Then, the trend was to leave the ovaries which is a good choice, I think. Of course, the oncologist would like them gone because they are just another thing to get cancer! Don't have the answer.

What did you do at the NIH? Sounds great, all expenses paid, lying down while flying, being around people. Do you have people you visit with regularly? Sounds like you CFS has really made you ill...very weak. What do you do with your days? Sounds like you must lie down a lot. So sorry!

I'm glad the UAE worked for you, and my sister, too, wanted it to work, but just wasn't in the cards. Hope you had a great day today, and I'll "talk" to you later.

Blessings,
    Sue

8. Rene

Rene New Member

Hey Sue Iwas gonna bump this and saw your reply. Nice of you to ask of me.

The NIH (National institute of Health) was just like St Judes or Shriner. It was great. I never even went outside for 11 days. The nurses drs and roomate and everyone was just so nice!! Like being in heaven and I'm not kidding in any way. The nurses who didn't know about you illness wanted to know all about it and the ones who did were sypathetic.

The NIH also had a menu you could order up food anytime and they would bring it in 30 min!!!! What every you want to eat they will bring it.

They also had an arts and crafts room with classes on craft projects. I went there and got a paint set and brought it back to my bed and paited.
    Also they had cable and if you couldn;t uses a computer they would bring you a lap top to your bed.

Not sure if you wanted THAT info or what did the dr do for me info! Actually I didn't care once I was there cause I was enjoying life like a real person.

Funny I didn't even want a roomate and had no Idea what the NIH was all about. But had good roommates so that was great.

If anyone thinks they may be able to go I would check out there site.
    Rene