Heavy Head

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sansofpa, May 30, 2012.

1. Sansofpa

Sansofpa New Member

Good Evening,

I'm having a very frightening feeling in my head right now.
    It's hard to explain.

My head feels very heavy, almost like it's filled with water.
    If I move it, I get dizzy. I'm also having severe neck pain,
    when I move my neck, up or sideways.

Earlier, I had a very mild headache (compared to the ones I
    normally get, then migraines).

Seems like when the headache went away, the fullness in
    my head appeared.

I've had a weird feeling in my head since I've been diagnosed
    with FMS, but this is different.

I'm having a CT brain scan this Friday, but if this feeling isn't gone
    in the morning, I'm going to have to call my Neuro. I can't
    imagine driving to work, or even working like this.

The weather has been very hot and humid so perhaps that's
    the reason.

Any input is sincerely appreciated.
  2. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Hi Sans, Sorry you are having these issues. It is always best when you are in doubt to check with your doctor. People with FMS do get funny, heavy, foggy, dizzy sort of in the head sometimes but since I think you mentioned you had other issues besides the FMS, I would ask the doctor about it. Wishing you better days.
  3. deepak

deepak Member

I realise my neck and shoulders get so tight and knotted - that they press on the nerves and arteries and that sometimes gives me weird feelings and aches in the head - also a lot of dizziness.

I have shown 3 neuros - all thought it was nothing.

hope it helps.

4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I had the heavy head too, and the awful neck pain, along with muscle pain and stiffness, headaches and fatigue.

It turns out that I had chronic lyme disease, a bacterial infection, and bartonella.

Unfortunately, the tests for Lyme are very unreliable, so it is often missed.

You can read about it in the following links...there are good symptom lists in the first and third links.

5. Sansofpa

Sansofpa New Member

Hi MicheleK,

I was going to try to wait until after my CT Brain Scan tomorrow and make an appointment with my doc, but I had to call him today because my head became heavier; almost water logged and I was so so dizzy.

He said, "let's give something a try" knowing that I'd been to two ENT's without help, he said take Zertek(sp). I was in no shape to drive and I was at work, so I walked around asking everyone if they had any. Unblievable, but someone did and told me to take only one, per the directions. I took it and
    four hours later I felt much better. Don't know what to make of this, as it lasted a few days, then turned into a water-head feeling and my ears were closed and, when I talked my voice echoed inside my mouth . . another weird

I'm slowly getting the hang of this stuff cropping up and from all of your responses I should be telling my doctor everything, just in case . . I so appreciate your input. Why is it that other things are appearing with the Fibro, when they haven't in the past? Does Fibro make everything go

Take care,
  6. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I have a bad neck...horribly stiff and painful for about first 4 hrs. of waking. But the thing that bothers me the most is this "discumbuberated" feeling of not quite dizzy, not quite focusing and really not myself for at least a year or more.

I've been diagnosed with meniers because of loss of hearing in rt ear, dizziness, and tinnitus. The ENT doctor saw me a few months again and agreed that it's probably from my neck troubles.

Deepak....There is information in the book, Trigger Point Therapy Workbook, regarding the muscles in the neck and shoulders and how it can bring on dizzies, tinnitus and loss of hearing. Sometimes even moving my scalp around will make me feel strange or moving my eyes rapidly.

Everything seems connected to nerves and of course we know that the central nervous system has been damaged somehow, which controls all our sensations.
    I do find that the more stressed I get the worse everything is. I'm trying so hard to relax and practice deep breathing.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2012]
  7. Sansofpa

Sansofpa New Member

Oh my Lord!

So you have FMS and Lyme Disease?

I don't understand this at all. How can everyone be getting or having
    multiple serious issues AND FMS???

Is this the norm . . Is this common?

I feel so sorry for all of you and will say my healing prayers for everyone

I hope you find some comfort,

8. Sansofpa

Sansofpa New Member

You described what I've been experiencing, until today, when I developed another head symptom . . felt like water cloggage.

I went to two ENT's; one in February and another in March. I have tinnitus and 40% hearing loss but they both said I do not have Menier's Disease.

I talked to a medical friend of mine today and he told me to Google excersise and Tinnitis. He knows of people who've had great success with some type
    of head/ear/face excersizing. I have that Trigger Point book, so I'll look at what you're referring to. My eyes are blurry again today and I'm afraid to read thinking it will cause eye strain that will trigger a migraine, so that will be my assignment for the weekend.

Did you have a Brain or Face scan? If so, did it show anything regarding your Tinnitus. I read online that a scan would show something, especially if it's pulsating, which mine is frequently. I realize they are not ordered unless the doc suspects a tumor is causing it, but I'm thinking because my scan is tomorrow it would be wonderful if something showed up that was helpful; meaning "fixable"..

Take it easy and I'm sorry you've been suffering with this symptom for a year,
  9. Sansofpa

Sansofpa New Member

How do you get relief when this happens?

During my visit with the Neuro, he not only did the Tender Point Testing, he
    moved his open hands on many areas of my body. He said I clearly have
    major lumps/knots in my upper back, neck and shoulders, in addition to a few
    he found in my lower extremities.

I'm not sure if I'd stop at 3 . . seems commonplace with you folks to
    keep searching and what you're experiencing should hardly be dismissed
    as nothing. Dizziness is new to me and honestly, I can't like it at all because it's the only symptom so far that scares me. It makes me feel worse than
    pain that kept me in bed for days.

Hopefully it goes for you as quickly as it comes.
    Take care,
  10. Sansofpa

Sansofpa New Member

I'm learning from all of you not to assume anything, or that symptoms I'm experiencing for the first time are "fibro".

I appreciate the time you spend explaining everything to me here on this

I'll start asking my doctors what you mentioned.

As usual, thanks for your time and attention :)

11. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

As we age small crystals can break off and float around the ear canals. This will bring on severe dizziness as it touches little hairs. First time I had this I could barely walk to the kitchen....I was falling sideways. Very scary! Yes, I had an MRI to check for brain tumor. The epley maneuver is to try to reposition the crystal in the right place. The exercises for the eyes is also supposed to "retrain" the brain to accept the dizziness. All this can be very scary when you don't understand what's happening.

This past time with the ENT they put on some goggles over my eyes to watch for nystagmus (spelling?) If you have crystals touching the hairs your pupils will jump around as he puts you into different positions. He said it wasn't happening so he came to the conclusion it was neck connected.

And you may have noticed that fibromyalgia seems to be a dumping ground for every kind of complaint imaginable. We don't die from this but we sure can suffer tremendously.
  12. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

The FM was actually a Lyme symptom.

I recommend you read the info in the links and I think it will make sense.