Heavy Metal TestingHair or Urine?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swedeboy, Dec 21, 2006.

1. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Anyone know which is better to test for Heavy Metal toxicity, from hair or urine? I was thinking about trying Sanascan's hair test. But I was wondering if I am wasting my money.
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I was reading that a mercury challenge test is the only reliable method...but I was also reading about lawsuits against doctors who have conducted chelations and apparently, excessive mercury was released all at once during the test, so ppl got sick.

That's why I posted a symptom list website.

I match the symptoms for mercury, so I am going to try a low dose of DMSA and watch for kidney pain. Also, chlorella and cilantro, C are good chelators.

A good mineral supplement is important too since some help displace bad metals. Metal ions are important for many enzymes to work. [daughters Organic Chemistry bk]
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

others though.

I've heard that some chlorella can actually CONTAIN mercury??
    and that you should only use the stuff from Germany.

I just throw that out there in case anyone can make sense of it.

delia
  4. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

5. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I went my Naturopath and she did a live cell culture (blood) It showed a blue ring around the blood sample, under the microscope. That was heavy metal and I was on some kind of pills for a week. Also, parasites are another thing to look for.
  6. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Can you buy these pills at Pro Health. I am curious where you got them. Thanks!
  7. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Some studies, like the Greenburg study, says that EDTA is mainly for lead detox, it can combine with mercury to form toxic substance in the brain.

DMSA is available for sale. 100mg 90caps ~$45.
    Chlorella, cilantro, sulfur-containing amino acid, MSM are good natural chelators.
  8. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

I've been getting hair analysis from Sanascan every three months for over 2 years now. It really works, and it doesn't just tell you about your toxic minerals, it tells you about all your main nutritional as well as a whole range of other mineral levels...about 25 minerals I think (sorry havn't counted). They also give you a very good analysis of what your problems are and suggestions on how to correct.
  9. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Is it advisable to take the chelex pills even if you have mercury fillings? Will it draw the mercury out of the fillings and into me? I have 4 mercury fillings that are about 10 years old.

Question for Spiritsky? What were the results of your hair analysis from Sanascan and what method did you use to treat it and or them?
  10. mxmom419

mxmom419 New Member

Has anyone had the mercury hair test come back positive? I'm awaiting the results and I guess if it does then I'll have the chenesis cleansing. My doc thinks I got it from a flu shot last year and have had allergy to the mercury. Anyone with info on this would be great. Will finding this out help with the management of my CFS?
  11. mxmom419

mxmom419 New Member

sorry not chenesis but chelation. I'm getting confused on all that I've been told. sorry
  12. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

My results from Sanascan are too long to write here. It's a pretty comprehensive report. For me I was basically dealing with Adrenal burnout and copper deficiency. Toxics, not too many, a little of everything when I started but everything has gone down now. The best way to get rid of the toxic minerals is to work on your other mineral imbalances. Toxic minerals will replace good minerals if there's an imbalance somewhere. For instance, if you don't have enough Zinc, then Cadmium will be used by the body in the place of zinc and you'll start to develop a cadmium toxicity over time. When you start brining your zinc back into balance, the body will start dumping out the cadmium. You can help by taking some natural chelator like vitamin C and N-acetyl cystein but until you deal with the underlying mineral imbalances you won't be able to get rid of the toxic minerals.

13. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

That's very interesting. Did you show your doctor the results? and if so what did he or she think about them.

Has anyone heard that oral DMSA chelation is not very effective when compared to IV and or suppository chelation?
  14. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

Doctor's don't know anything about this. They either don't believe in it or if they did they wouldn't be allowed to talk to you about it. At least not mine...I go to Kaiser and they are very careful/afraid about doing anything out of the box. If you're more more interested go to drlwilson dot com. It's a great resource and he also has a great book called ""Nutritional Balancing and hair mineral analysis.

DMSA, yes I've done it and I regret doing it. It chelates other minerals than just the toxic ones, in particular it will bring down your copper levels.
  15. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I read that chelating when you have mercury fillings can draw the mercury out of the fillings. I am waiting until I have my fillings removed before I try to remove the mercury from my body.