Heavy metals ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MIssAutumn, Apr 21, 2009.

1. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

Can they - heavy metals- flare up like fibro does. A lot of tje symptoms are like FM and theys eem to come and go.I can't find anything on the Internet on this and won't be hearing from my doctor for a week. I could ask him but this board seems to have a lot of answers.

[This Message was Edited on 04/26/2009]
  2. panthere

panthere Member

Hi Sarah,

For sure, heavy metals can make you totally sick. I am a big believer in detoxing all that crap as part of the treatment. I have high mercury and have been dealing with that. Which specific metals do you have? Do you have amalgams? Which test did you do? Hair, urine (DMSA, DMPS or EDTA challenged?). There are different ways to deal with heavy metals and you have to figure out for yourself what the best treatment would be.

[This Message was Edited on 04/21/2009]
  3. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

anyone know?
  4. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

thanks for replying!

I have been tested for heavy metals and am a walking toxic dump site LOL I was wondering if they flare up because a lot of the symptoms- burning feet, low calicium, muscle pain are the same as FM/CF which do go into flares. If the metals could be the cause of the flares.

5. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Someone explaine the heavy metal people are refering to? I have iron overload.recently found out about it. Is this one you people refer to? Ruthie
  6. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

Mine are lead, mercury, aluminum, barium, nickel, antimony,bismuth, platinum, rubidium, thallium and sulfur which can be up because of detoxifying agents

The only way to know is to have a toxicity test done.
  7. panthere

panthere Member

I don't think metals flare up. It's only you who goes into a crash because your body can be detoxing them and you get a reaction to that (headache, extreme fatigue). There are different ways you can start detoxing and you have to figure out for yourself which approach to pursue. There are chelating agents, EDTA, DMPS, DMSA and some supplements, such as alpha lipoic acid, chlorella, etc...