Heel pain and fm

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by akandmk, Jan 9, 2009.

1. akandmk

akandmk New Member

does anyone else have heel pain sometimes with fm and does anyone know what is causing this? I've had this on and off, normally wake up feeling as though a nail is being shoved into my heel. I was curious if this is normal?
  2. star273

star273 New Member

This was one of my first symptoms I had. When I went to my reumy he told me that heel pain is a sign of arthritis. I dont know if it is a sign of FM or not, but I have FM and arthritis. I know what you mean about the pain though. There were times I could barely walk the pain was so intese. Try and stretch out your feet, that seems to help. I am so sorry you are having that pain, I know how much it hurts.

Hang in there
  3. yuckie

yuckie New Member

I also have this pain. I experienced it more at the beginning of my illness but occasionally it will appear out of nowhere. I'm not sure if the supplements and meds I take now keep it under control or if it is my daily stretching routine that helps. Sorry you are dealing with this too. I hope you get some relief. Janice
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I really only have heel pain when I'm laying down. It's on the back of my heel. The pressure from having my feet in that position hurts like heck.
    I have heard several people mention heel pain before w/FM. Don't know if it's directly related or coincidence to something else going on.
  5. bluewing

bluewing New Member

It helps a lot to put a pillow length wise under my legs so my feet "hang" off. And it's also good for when my legs are aching.
  6. byoungusa

byoungusa New Member

I have this, it got so bad the doctor sent me to a pediotrist, seems to be a very common thing with fm, of course they might call it arthritic, neuropthy,plantar fascia, and on and on but I have alot of people tell me they have it with their FM. Lyrica did help this, and after I quit working it stopped, I hate lyrica but I guess it does me some good. Enough that I'm afraid to quit taking it.
  7. lucindalouise

lucindalouise New Member

I have it really badly on just my left heel! I can feel "squishy" bumps in some places. I too find a pillow helps. I am also on Lyrica, which has helped alot of the pain, but I really have trouble wearing closed in shoes and winter boots. (Canada).
    How much Lyrica are you on?
  8. loto

loto Member

Yes, I get heel pain at times, also. Especially when I'm lying down and the back of the heel is pressing on the bed. I don't know why it occurs, perhaps neuropathy, like another replier said. But, just wanted to let you know you're not alone!!
  9. Engel

Engel New Member

Sounds like you may have Plantar Faciatis. You should see a Podiatrist.

This showed up on me at least 23 years ago. Thank goodness it is only the right foot. I have been seeing Podiatrists for years getting cortisone shots and expensive orthodics. The right foot is so bad that I have ligament damage which causes my ankle to hurt and turn on me uncontrollably. My Podiatrist said it is due to over compensating for the PF in that foot.

Now I have developed a new problem. My toes are curling under uncontrollably and trip me!!! I have had several bad falls (luckily I hit the couch). This is happening with both feet!
  10. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

And I thought I was crazy. I think plantar fascitis occurs more commonly in people with FM and CFS. I wish I could site you the source but I remember reading that somewhere...dam brainfog.

My left heel hurts more than my right. I'm at work now and while I'm sitting here typing this, my left heel is throbbing. Too much walking around today.

Topical pain relief cream helps and so does epsom salt baths, at least for me.