Heidleburg Capsule Test - Do Mainstream Drs. do this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PaulMark, Jul 22, 2003.

1. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

MADWOLF OR ANYONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THIS TEST... Here in west Ky. the gastroenterlogist and others drs. are so "mainstream" conventional, Do you think they would do this test to determine Hydrochloric acid deficiency? DR. Cheney has said per clinical symptoms and the digestive analysis stool testing I have it, but this test supposedly would tell once and for all. Or is there one similar I could ask a GI dr. about? Please answer

Heidleburg Capsule Test: Heidleburg Capsule Test: (noted in MANY books). My source: Digestive Wellness, Elizabeth Lipski, M.S., C.C.N. with forward by Jeffrey S. Bland, Ph.D., pp 119-120

"The Heidelberg capsul test is a radio-telemetry test for functional hydrochloric acid (HCl) levels. Is is a simple, effective technique to determine how much HCl your stomach is producing. Normall produced by the parietal cells of the stomach, HCl is necessary for the initial stage ofprotein digestion and the absorption of vitamin B-12 and many minerals.

"The Heidelberg test has proven to be accurate and sensitive in determining stomach pH levels. After you swallow a radio transmitter that's about the size of a B-complex vitamin, it measures the "resting' pH of your stomach, alternating with challenges of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate!!!!!), which is very alkaline. By observing how well the stomach returns to an acid condition after administration of the baking soda, the physician can determine whether or not you produce adequate amounts of HCl."

Thanks paul mark

2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

[ advertisement ]