Hello again! I've been gone awhile ... update!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ellikers, Aug 5, 2010.

1. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Hey there!

Maybe some folks remember me from years ago when I was on here more regularly. My body has had lots of interesting body issues in the last several years ... CFIDS, symptoms that seems a lot like Fibro, trigger points/myofascial pain issues ...

On and off from November 2009-June 2010 I had a pretty exhausting up and down of dealing with bad trigger point flare ups in my pelvis, hips, abs in addition to recurrent yeast infections, HPV and then diagnosis of cervical dysplasia (at least not related to CFIDS right? HAHA).

For a while I had this recurrent belly pain (I talked about here a bunch in old posts) which a physical therapist finally figured out was a flaring trigger point in my abdominal muscle (causing issues with bladder and upper GI area). I would have saved so much time, money and energy if I had known in 2007 that is what started happening! Since then, with myofascial release from the PT, home treatments and understanding how my muscles work those really bad episodes of pain calmed down (I don't wake up in the middle of the night and throw up anymore!)

I finally was diagnosed with FM this last May through this last up and down bout of pain and stress.

That was a tricky thing to hear, because I had a hunch for years that my body issues fit the bill for fibro, but actually noticing as I jumped in pain at 14 out of 18 tender points was a whole other matter.

I'm doing really well right now physically- it's summer so my body likes the warmth more than the cold season and I'm not under as much work stress or personal stress as many of the previous months.

I realize I have mild-a$$ fibro, and I'm lucky it's as minor as it is, but damn if it's still not frustrating and overwhelming all the same. Negative affects my relationships, my life, my ability to have fun ...

I'm in the process of reclaiming my body and reconnecting to it in a way that isn't fraught with pissiness, frustration, aggravation, hopelessness and anger. It's not my body's fault this has all happened!

I might be dealing with low-grade fibro and chronic myofascial pain, but I also have a team of medical and health care providers that help me live my life to the fullest I can, and I feel like I'm on the way to improving my life and my body's ability in a more major way than ever before.

I just wanted to share that here. It's been a strange ride this last 5 years.
  2. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

we are all on a strange ride here, arent we? lol

thanks for checking back in. sounds like you are getting some answers, and i am glad the good weather agrees with you.

take care and best wishes