Hello all I'm New to this site!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by levis, Aug 17, 2005.

1. levis

levis New Member

Hi just like to say hello and introduce my self really.
    My name is Sunita (Levis) and had been unwell since 2000.
    I was told that i had a thyorid problem Hashimotos and then as i wasn't put on any medication i kind of forgot about it.

Up until the last 2 years where i was doing my post grad CPE and felt absolutely awful. I was so tired had really bad joints and muscle ache all over my entire body, and noticed that i was sleeping way to long.

Until only recently i was told that i also have FM which i think i have no doubtly inherited from my mother.
    I have a sister who also suffers from FM but she has Lupus instead.

We sound like a very unwell family don't we.
    Anyway i'd just like to say i'm pleased to find such a site and hope to have a good moan or chat when i need to!!!!

Many Thanks
    Levis!
    xxxxx
  2. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

Hi Levis

I'm new here too and just wanted to say Hello

I think we happened upon a very good support group when we found this one.

I was recently diagnosed with FM and CFS, with fatigue being the most major problem for me.

Hope to see you around.

Sylvia
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

This site is great.The people are kind an the moderators keep it clean.If you need to find out about something either do a search on a title or post a topic.Both are in the top left of the page.I look forward to seeing your posts!
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I am sure that you will appreciate all the information and support you will find on this board. It is a great place to come for both.

Your family sounds something like mine. One of my sisters also has lupus. The other one has FM and Sjogroen's Syndrome and some of the markers for lupus. There is a genetic component to these illnesses for sure.

Welcome aboard!
    Pepper
  5. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome to a great board with lots of caring, supportive and understanding people!!

You will learn alot!!

Welcome Aboard
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  6. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Hi there! I'm new too. So glad I found this place.
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

Glad to see another new member to our board/support group!

Your not-so-well family sounds like mine! We're all sick with many problems, but I think I get the award for the most!! My mother has severe arthritis, osteoporosis, degenerating disk disease, thyroid disease; my sister has rheumatoid arthritis, total knee replacements, FM, CFS, and lots more; and I have major heart problems, numerous back problems including a pinched nerve that is currently causing me horrific pain, diabetes, lupus, fm, cfs, arthritis, DDD, obstructive sleep apnea, and lots more!

I'm 54, married with 3 adult children, and retired after working 30 years with the same corporation.

Hope to talk with you here often!

Take care,
    Janet
  8. Meekah

Meekah New Member

Welcome to all the new members!!! You have come to the right place!!! Welcome aboard!

Hugs
    Meekah
  9. elsa

elsa New Member

This is a great place for information, research, support, compassion, humor and unconditional belief in how you feel.

I'm sorry you are here because of fibromyalgia, but thrilled that you found your way to such a great place.

Welcome and glad to meet you ....

Elsa