Hello all Need your prayersWorking is taking a toll on my body

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kriket, Nov 17, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Well, here I am again. Your prayers seem to help me so much. I have fibromyalgia,knee-cap disease,and am dealing with depression. I am a massage therapist and am really having a hard time physically keeping up with the physical demand of giving massages.

I usually do about 6-8 hrs. back to back and then I am down for 3-4 days. I don't want to have to quit my job, but I am having a lot of trouble dealing with the pain from the physical demand of work.

I hope that I can find the strength to carry on working. I have to work tomorrow and am not feeling well at all. I feel as if I am slowly breaking my body down a little more each time I push myself through another weekend.

I ask that you remember me in your prayers. I really need some comfort from this pain and from the demanding clients that I deal with every week.

Thank-You so much
    Kriket
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

I am praying for you today that you are able to get through your day. It sounds like your job is becoming too much for you to handle with your illness. Is there any way that you could cut your hours?

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Father I ask in Jesus Name that could You please come and help Kriket. Please help her to hear what you are saying about her job right now. If It is Your will for her to continue this job then I ask that You please give her the strength to do it. If it is time to move on and do something else then please open a door for her. Please also come now and take away the pain and discomfort and infamation in her body. I speak peace to her body in Jesus Name. Thank you for what you are going to do. In Jesus Name Amen.
    Cath
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Yes, of course prayers for you. For strength, for less pain. And, also for wisdom, perhaps God is telling you it is time to have an abbreviated schedule before you totally collapse. It sounds selfish, but we all need to take care of ourselves first...... or nothing can be accomplished in our lives.

Probably not words you want to hear. I didn't like hearing them when I gave up my career, a lot of decisions and tears and sleepless nights.

May God hold you in the palm of his hand, and shine upon you.
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I prayed for you this morning after reading your post. I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I am sure your job is very demanding physcially. I will continue to pray that God gives you supernatural strength to get through your long days.

Love,
    Nancy
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

today(Saturday) I made it through ok. I was in quite a bit of pain towards the end. I did about 6 hours sttraight today. Thank all of you so much. I am going to be able to take a break, but come Jan. there will be lots of big groups, like 20-28 to deal with.

I have atually cut back to no more than 6 hrs. on Sat. and no more than 8 hrs. per weekend. I was doing between 8-12 hours most weekends, but I just can't anymore.

I don't feel like working at all b/c I feel so weak and sore. It's hard to exert so much energy that you just don't have. I sure hope that the Lord will open a door that will help to lift this sress and pain.

Thanks to all who replied, you all are so thoughtful.

Thanks for listening, it helps to just tell someone how you really feel sometimes!!!

Kriket
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

I have just recently cut my hours back. Hopefully it will help. It's hard for me to slow down cause I have so much to do. I also am going to have another therapist help me out starting in Jan.

Kriket
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and my thoughts,Linda
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

THANK-YOU!!!

kriket