Hello All

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cdnjewel, Oct 25, 2002.

1. cdnjewel

cdnjewel New Member

My Goodness I just went to register and they told me I was already a member. Just goes to show where my memory is at.lol I am a canadian nurse not able to work any more due to the fibromyalgia. I have hung on to my liscense for 2 yrs and now know for sure I will never be able to do the work I loved the best. Working with the children on paediatrics. I have been diagnosed with FM over 10 yrs ago. I am 43 yrs old and I am single raising my 5 yr old grandaughter. I am very fortunate to have good health care here but there are still a lot of loop holes and not all understand FM. I look forward to sharing and making friends with like minded people.

Warmest Regards
    CdnJewel
  2. cdnjewel

cdnjewel New Member

My Goodness I just went to register and they told me I was already a member. Just goes to show where my memory is at.lol I am a canadian nurse not able to work any more due to the fibromyalgia. I have hung on to my liscense for 2 yrs and now know for sure I will never be able to do the work I loved the best. Working with the children on paediatrics. I have been diagnosed with FM over 10 yrs ago. I am 43 yrs old and I am single raising my 5 yr old grandaughter. I am very fortunate to have good health care here but there are still a lot of loop holes and not all understand FM. I look forward to sharing and making friends with like minded people.

Warmest Regards
    CdnJewel
  3. Thella

Thella New Member

Canadian Jewels are the best.
    Where abouts are you?
    I am on the north shore of lake superior. I know you must be in a large or moderately large city as you say a pediatric unit. Small towns have all in one space no units at all.
    I gave up my jobs 26 years ago as the fibro just wouldn't let me continue. I was a nurses aide in a nursing home but I am qualified to work with mentally handicapped people. I loved the work and still miss it.
    I have been lucky as my husband is a miner so I have never had to work due to financial difficulties. One of the lucky ones I guess.
    Take care and glad to see you here.
    thella
  4. battyforbeanies

battyforbeanies New Member

I just wanted to say hello. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to do the job you love anymore. That is so sad. It is so hard for somebody to find a job they really love and then when they do they have to leave because of this DD is so sad. I bet that granddaughter wears you out, but I also bet she makes life worth living also. I live with my sister and her two youngest a freshmen in college and a first grader. The first grader is a little hard on my body but he makes my heart happy to know I have his love.
    wishing you a great day,
    Vickie C.
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Its very nice to meet you! I have noticed quite a few Nurses on this board-- My baby sister is an RN, living and working with CFS (undiagnosed)herself. You know nurses aren't the best about seeking medical help for themselves, as they are too busy, helping others. I have both CFS and FM. Just wanted to voice a hearty hello!
    Karen
  6. cdnjewel

cdnjewel New Member

Nice to hear from you. I am presently living in a small town in southers Ontario called Strathroy. I am orriginally from Sault Ste Marie. My sisters would love me to move back there bur the weather is far worse than here and when I go visit I can barely move. So here I sit.
    TTFN
    Jewel
  7. cdnjewel

cdnjewel New Member

Hi there everyone....my what a wonderful warm welcome I would like to thank you all for responding to my post and look forward to getting to know you all better. Till tomorror.....Warmest Regards, Jewel
  8. Thella

Thella New Member

You probably know Ridgetown then.
    That is where I am from long time ago.
    My brother is a united church minister in Highgate.
    We go to the Soo for shopping when we are bored with Thunder BAy. everywhere else is too far for just shopping.
    Glad to see you here.
    take care
    Thella
  9. lucky

lucky New Member

from another Canadian on this board. I have met quite a few of them already, a nice bunch - and I am sure we will hear more from eachother periodically.
    Where excactly is Strathroy? Have heard about the place, or can it be that we went through it on our way to Ottawa or Montreal?
    I am sorry to hear that also you had to give up a job which you loved, but I am sure in due course there will be something else in your life which will give you a lot of happiness and pleasure to hopefully compensate you for this loss. It is a sad thing since most of us had to go through the same mourning. Your little granddaughter will be the biggest joy I am sure, seeing her grow up and sharing her life with her grandma. Take good care of yourself, Lucky
  10. cdnjewel

cdnjewel New Member

I have to tell you my Grandaughter Danielle is what keeps me going. Thang God for her. It is difficult at times I worry will there come a day when I can not care for her. She is so wonderful and understanding she will be 5 Nov 4th and she helps me with laundry she loves folding which is good bc that is the hardest part for me. She also dusts and loves to use the swiffer wet jet on the floors. I am blessed with her Lucky
  11. darlamk

darlamk New Member

Welcome! I have been a member for some time too but don't post too often.I try to read the posts at least daily and I really have learned a lot and appreciate all the updates on research,meds,etc. I also love the humor and all the support given.I know what you mean about missing your profession. I have been a nurse for 25 years now and I have been off work for a little over a year. Nursing really defined who I was. (I still dream about taking care of babies)In some ways having this illness gives me the time to think more about why I am here and to really get to know myself better. Deep thoughts... :) We definately learn to enjoy the "good days" and thank God for them!
    Best wishes, Darla
  12. lucky

lucky New Member

sorry, I was at the other end of the Province. And now I remember when you mention London, that Strathroy is close by. Now, can it be that it is in the Mennonite area somewhere? We just met somebody there for lunch and this is where I am sure I say the name.
    Bye for now, Lucky
  13. lucky

lucky New Member

I agree, a little girl can make the sun shine, if we are feeling so bad many days. You are lucky to have such a nice little granddaughter. Both my kids married divorced partners with children, so no such luck for me at the moment. A big hug for your granddaughter, Lucky
  14. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

Welcome Jewel! I am new too. So let's jump in together and get to postin'!
    Duff