Hello! Back from helping sis in MA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolsgirl, Apr 25, 2003.

1. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

Hi all! I was gone a month to assist sister(39 years young), after her colectomy. All she has left is a small bowel and a pouch (a quasi rectum), to give her a hint that she'll be having a bm.

It was difficult as she was tapering off Prednisone for 2.5 weeks of the time there. She started feeling better and was back to her old self which is like when someone is tapering off Prednisone. I had to walk on eggshells around what her mood might be on any day, hour or so.

Her surgery to put her small colon back together is scheduled for May 21st. It was supposed to be last week but got put off because of an abnormality seen on her gastro-graphin enema. She did go for a second opinion today & will go with whichever doc will get her in the soonest. The initial doc and her have a personality conflict, which isn't good when he's doing the surgery.

I'm exhausted! Pooped! Just returned last night at 1 AM. I'll be trying to catch up on posts. Those time zone changes are tough! I do like that Jet Blue Airlines though. It was only $162.50 for a one way back to Seattle from JFK and another airline wanted to charge over $1100.00!!!!!

I'm also very exhausted from trying to assist her with the kids, laundry, cleaning, shopping. Really beat.

But, hello again and it's great to be home. dolsgirl
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Dolsgirl, be sure to get some rest so you don't get sick!

Shalom, Shirl