Hello everyone and thank you all so much for your support

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Apr 20, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I have been reading all your posts to me and they have given me great strengh and comfort. I truly appreciate my PH family here and how everyone is always there for someone, regardless of their own issues.

I was with mom and helped guide her when she passed, she was fighting it and I talked to her for quite awhile and said everything I needed to say and she needed to hear.

She acknowledged by blinking until the end.It will be something I will never forget. She needed my permission to cross over and told her I would be fine, that she had done a good job in making me a strong woman and while I would miss her, I would be fine.

Then she let go and crossed over. The dogs were with us the whole time and as the nurses gathered their things to clean her and I was getting my things together so I could go home, the girls jumped up on the bed, Twy was first, and she climbed up and smelled her face and gave her a kiss, then Missy got up and licked her as she always did then put her head on mom's hand to get mom to pet her, then they both layed there for a few minutes.

The nurses both cryed when they saw that, as did I. I did not ask them to do that, they did that on their own. Twy slept by mom's feet most of the time and they were very good girls the whole week.

One day Missy got up and was licking her and I put her hand on Missy's head to pet her and mom pulled Missy to her chest and hugged her. I am so glad I was able to be there with them this last week. The center is a beautiful place and the staff was incrediable. They all loved the girls so they got plenty of petting and was eat it up.

I had to go the funeral home today and make the final arrangements and saw her gown and it is perfect. The funeral home has been a godsend, and are handling all the insurance, SS, ect. I still have to deal with the nursing home and my daughter will help me with that tomorrow.

My grass needs cut so bad and one of my nieghbors is going to do it for me, he use to just weed eat for me, but with my mower being broken and he has one, he said he would. They are a wonderful young couple.

I just want you all to know how much your support has meant to me and I will be back soon, the next few days will be spent with my daughter, they have to leave Wed as my grandaughter is flying out Thurs with her dad to attend a wedding in IN. So she will miss an entire week of school.

I know you understand my not addressing each of you now, as I am very tired and am going to take a nap, I am so grateful for all of you, it has made a very bad week much better, so thank you and may God bless you all- Carla
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I will be praying for you and your family this week. What a blessing to have been with your mom at the end, and what a blessing all the people around you have been...the guy next door sounds like a great guy.

3. stick2013

stick2013 Member

This is the time for you and your daughter to say your final goodbyes and to be with each other. I hope that things go smoothly from here on out.

Please take time for you, and take care of yourself. Give yourself time to grieve. It will be hard on you.

Prayers are with you.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

That was a wonderful ending for you. Thank you for sharing and God Bless.

5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Your story with Twy and Missy brought tears to my eyes, literally. How special, it is amazing how animals can sense things that go on. They really must of loved her. I am so sorry Carla that you are having to go through all of this and I am sure you are so exhausted. I so wish I could be there to help you.

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and as I said in another post, your mother is up in heaven looking down on her daughter and just thinking how lucky she was to have a wonderfuly, stong, loveable daughter. She is so proud of you Carla.

God bless you and Love you much!!!

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Please don't spend another minute worrying about us, we'll be fine.

Please be good to yourself now, try to get some rest and know that we're all here thinking about you.

7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

no wonder the nurses were crying when they saw Twy and Missy say their goodbyes to your Mum.

Your Mum knew you were there Carla, what a blessing that was.

I hope you can get a good sleep and have energy for the days ahead. Thankfully your daughter is going to be there.

Take care Carla.

8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Sorry to hear about your mom passing, i guess i missed most of this, i was gone.

Just wanted to say, what a blessing you are and were to your mom.

Take care of yourself,

9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

My sincere condolences! I know how difficult it must have
    been having gone through it recently myself. I'm so proud
    of the love and support You and the "Girls" gave Her. I know
    it gave her great comfort to have you so close!

Lots of Huggles My Friend,
  10. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Thinking of you today...I enjoyed our talk so much.

Take care of yourself these next few days.

hugs lacey
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Or should I say for now anyway. I know you will have your sad moments and all and you will always remember your Mom.

You just can't help but think of her at different times when you think ,"What would MOM think of this or that " ? OR I wish I could talk this or that over with her". etc. etc. I know I do.

It was so sweet that the girls could be there for your Mom and for you. The last goodbye, in the hospital with the girls was so precious.

Get some rest hon if you can.

12. ckball

ckball New Member

I just want to let you I am still hanging in here. Me, my daughter,SIL and GD went to the funeral home to take a picture to them for my mom's hair and she was ready. So we got to see her today, she is beutiful. He was also able to get the casket I really wanted, it is blue and silver and what she wanted.

I felt I needed to share my story to help someone else when their it's their turn. You see a dear freind on this board shared their story with me and it trully helped me do what I did, that gift I will never forget.

Then Elaine shared her dad words on his memory card and my daughter loved it as did the funeral home. So thank you so much for sharing that.

I need to get to bed as it was a long, non-stop day. My daughter, GD and I went thrue 100's of photo's, paper clippings, ect and made a large tri-fold memory board for her.

My GD is the scrapboooking diva and she did a great job, it was pictures I chose of her as a baby and all stages of her life, plus freinds, GK's, parents and GP's. It is very nice.

I'll check back before I go to bed, my daughter is staying at a hotel, which works for all of us. So I get my quiet time before bed to visit my freinds. Thank you all so much, you are the greatest group of freinds a girl could ever have-Carla
  13. mezombie

mezombie Member

You did a beautiful if very difficult thing for your mother (and for yourself) by being with her in her last moments. I was very touched by your description of communicating with her at the end, and "the girls" good-byes.

I'm so glad you have your family with you to help with all that needs to be done. It sounds like your mother will look wonderful in her final resting place.

What a terrific idea to make a collage of her life! This will such a testament to everyone whose life she touched. And you will have it to remember her by forever.

I know your resources will be tested to the max during this coming week, and hope you will try to delegate what you can and rest when able.

Take care,
  14. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm glad to read that you're holding up in your exceptional Carla way. I know it's been a hard time for you and I'm just amazed at those girls (the furry ones).

It will be a blurry few days coming up but the blur is helpful to get us through. I hope you and your daughter have a special time together as you settle your mom's things.

Doors close and others open. It's beautiful how that works.

Many hugs,