Hello Everyone,,,,I'm Home

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Oct 26, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Just stopping in to tell you all about my (Before winter Road trip) Visit to see my Kids!,,,,,

It was a very rewarding trip!,,,Lucky and i drove to Billings Mt. to see my youngest Gal Kym & Will and their dog ,,,Chooch,,,,and now a new puppy added to their family ,,,,,,Frankie,,,,,a 7 week old Lab--wolf ,,,cross,,,,Too cute for words! the bigger dogs are actually intimidated by little Frankie,,,,,lolol

We went to the biggest pumpkin sale i've ever seen in my life ,,,,,Some of them were grown locally but most were shipped in from Mexico if you can believe that!,,,,There were some really Narly lookin' ones with raised bumps all over them,,,and alot of other types that i didn't know exsisted,,,,,,,Kool Though!

we also spent alot of time shopping (Them not Me),,,lolol,,,i was just along,,,,,,out for dinner,,,church ,,,Friends houses ,,,Cooking for Kyms B-Day,,we made a 3 layer Cake!,,,22 years old on the 22nd,,,,,,This kid must have a week long Birthday Celebration!,,,,,Thats how it's always been!,,,,,,,,,,,,Makes it more fun!,,,She's in her 4th year of collage for Human resourse work,,,,,,plus a full time job,,working at a Troubled Teen Ranch,,,,

Lucky got to go to the Groomers,,,,and wow does he look different! they gave him a Springer spanial cut,,,,,,He feels alot better with out all that long hair !,,,,Needless to say i don't recognize him!,,,,,,lolol,,,He looks like a City dog now!,,,,,,

I drove on to Lamedeer to stay with my Middle girl and her Husband for a few days ,,,,,they teach there,,,,,,,We had alot of catching up to do!,,,,i did alot of cleaning for them at their new place while they were working,,,,also Baking ,,(things i love to do!),,,,we went for drives and got to see a really big Coal Mine in operation,,,,,,They have also adopted another little pup named Max,,,German shepard---red heeler cross,,,,,another cute one !,,,,,,,,,,

It is so gratifying to see them Fully involved in their Teaching Careers,,,,,,,,Janell has a wonderful set up in her Class room!,,,,,There are 16 Kids in her class ,,2nd ,,,graders,,,,all Native american,,,,,Don Teaches 7th and 8th graders Math and science,,,,,,4 groups of 8-10 students a day,,,,,,it's pretty challenging ,,,But they are doing fine!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm home Now! Yea! Crash time!

OK,,,,,,I'm done!,,,,,Thanks for reading this!,,,,,Hope you are all doing Well!,,,,,,,HUgs!,,,Sis

[This Message was Edited on 10/27/2008]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Diane!,,,,,Yes I'm not doing to bad today ,,,but tommorow it will probably hit me!,,,,snow in PA,,,,,it's starting to sound like the Holidays,,,,,we have snow in the Mountians already!,,,,won't be long before we have to wear boots ,,hats and gloves!,,,,,Hope all is well,,,,,,,Sis,,,,p.s. I was just thinking that i'll have to get Lucky a winter coat now!,,,,,,lolol,,
    [This Message was Edited on 10/26/2008]
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Wow, it sounds like you were pretty busy and had a great time visiting your girls. That is wonderful they are doing so well and enjoying themselves to in the process. We certainly need good teachers that really enjoy themselves while working with the kids.

Sounds like you had a fantastic time flitting here and there and doing lots of visiting. Yes, I agree that it is probably time for you to crash. So glad you had a wonderful time on your trip.

4. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for the welcome back!,,,Yes the trip was very fun but very tiering all at the same time!,,,,,,I just needed to spend time with the Kids before winter set in!,,,,I miss them so Much!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I stopped alot during the driving process,, at the rest stops,,,and of course for gas!,,,,,,,,,,,,missed a few deer crossing the road too!,,,,,phew!

There was some excitement on the way home with cop cars flying by with there Blue and Red lights flashing ,,,,,,,,,Were talking the kind of lights that light up the whole car now!,,,,,,,it was about 100 miles from home when this took place!,,,,,,,,first it was just cop cars and then ambulance,,,,and then the swat team Van!,,,,,,

I couldn't wait for the news last night to tell what had happened!,,,,,,It turned out to be a murder/ suicide,,,,,in the little town called Arlee,,,,,i had just passed through there about 20 minutes before!,,,,,,,,I know it's Montana!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,Sis
  5. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Glad ya had a good time on yer trip.
  6. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

It is so nice to have you back and I am so glad your trip was so enjoyable and rewarding. I bet your kids were so happy that you came. They sound like wonderful children that you raised. Way to go MOM.

7. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks! ,,,,,,,The Kids are Worth the Trip! ,,,although they are busy with work and Birthdays (lol)!,,,,it's just nice to be in the same town and home with them even if it's just for a few days at a time!,,,,,,,I'm sure most parents feel this way!,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,Sis