Hello everyone, I'm new here, I'm Tonia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by toniad, Sep 8, 2002.

1. toniad

toniad New Member

I was diagnosed with fibro in June of this year with fibro and myofascial pain. I am now 29, next month is my 3rd year anniversary of symptoms. I am a single (but have a bf) mom with a beautiful 6 year old girl, Keely. I'm trying to finish my degree in German, Pre-Education. I have one quarter left for my Associate's Degee, but I just re-herniated my neck at PT for the fibro. Needless to say, I'm extremely frustrated and tired of trying.

I want to participate in the research/bonding/questionairre stuff, but not sure how? I just started on the board, so I have a lot of reading to catch up on. I spend lot of time and effort reading and researching myself, and am more than happy to share/compare notes.

I have a lot of questions too, and don't want to bog you guys down with more or extra reading. Any suggestions on when and where to jump in?

I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all!

Tonia
  2. toniad

toniad New Member

I was diagnosed with fibro in June of this year with fibro and myofascial pain. I am now 29, next month is my 3rd year anniversary of symptoms. I am a single (but have a bf) mom with a beautiful 6 year old girl, Keely. I'm trying to finish my degree in German, Pre-Education. I have one quarter left for my Associate's Degee, but I just re-herniated my neck at PT for the fibro. Needless to say, I'm extremely frustrated and tired of trying.

I want to participate in the research/bonding/questionairre stuff, but not sure how? I just started on the board, so I have a lot of reading to catch up on. I spend lot of time and effort reading and researching myself, and am more than happy to share/compare notes.

I have a lot of questions too, and don't want to bog you guys down with more or extra reading. Any suggestions on when and where to jump in?

I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all!

Tonia
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

I said a quick welcome to you in your first reply. Feel free to jump in on any topic you want!

To find info, like the burning in your legs (I'll reply to both here, k?), you can either search messages here or try the library. Some of the more bizarre symptoms aren't mentioned in the research yet, but it does help to hear from other members as well. If you don't feel happy w/ your dr., you can check out the doctor referral section on the home page; it gives good info on finding a doc and a link to the co-cure.org board which lists patient recommended (for the most part) cfids & fms drs.

I do not have the problems of balance really bad, just once in awhile, so I'll let other members talk to you about that. It does help to keep a daily journal or list of symptoms; it helps you remember & the doctor needs as much info as possible to help w/ dx.

Take care. Michele
  4. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

This is a great site, full of helpful and understand people. We exchange ideas, rant and rave, encourage, occasionally argue and generally assist each other thru the jungle of aches and pains and problems we never asked for but we have anyway. Hope you feel much, much better. God bless, Al
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Tonia, welcome to our world. Glad you have found our board.

If research is what you are looking for, you sure came to the right place! Just check out the top of this board, where it says 'Home', 'Library', 'Community' and 'Store', I doubt if any of us have ever read it all, nor will we!

The board is also a wonderful research too, you are getting first hand information from the people that are suffering right now.

We have a wonderful group of people here, and all are willing to help, support or just be a friend in need. We usually have someone here 24/7, as our sleeping is never what it should it, and we also have members from many different countries that have time differences too.

You can just jump in anywhere you want! We will be glad to hear from you.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl