Hello Everyone, I'm new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Momma25gr8kids, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Momma25gr8kids

Momma25gr8kids New Member

I have not actually been diagnosed with anything but 'loose ligaments'.

March 2004 I developed a pain in my right shoulder, I thought I had over extended it or something, it never went away. By the time I went to a doctor, in Aug., the pain had spred from there down my arm to my elbow and on to my wrist.

The next five months were a blur of dr, chyropractor and physical therapy appts. as well as blood tests, MRIs, and various anti-inflamatories. Most of all increasing and often debilitating pain.

In Jan. I was finally refered to a Rhuematolgist, who had a five month waiting list. When I finally saw him it took him five minutes to tell me I had loose ligaments. After some sort of initial injury to my shoulder I had begun protecting it thereby causeing increased strain on other parts of my body and creating new points of pain.

Eventually I was racked with pain from head to toe. Certain points hurt all the time, other pains came and went. One morning I woke up and when I put my feet on the floor it felt as if daggers were being driven into my heels. Another time I thought I had somehow broken a rib because I could hardly breathe. The more I hurt the less I did, for fear of more pain. He told me I needed to excersize more and he gave me a prescript for cyclobenzaprine, to be taken nightly.

I had begun feeling some relief before and more so after becoming active again. But all the pain never went away.

I just had a check up with him last month and have developed three more 'tendar points'. Now I am starting to hurt again and I am developing some new, strange symptoms.

I have always had migraines, but these lately are differant than before. I have never woken up with a headache, and I have never had them come on so late in the evening. Also in the past few days I have begun to suffer scent hallucinations. Simply put I smell poo everywhere all the time. I have discovered this is called cacosmia, and has ties to MCS, FM, and CFS.

After much research and reading on this message board I realize I have had this far more that the two years I thought. It is, I'm sorry to say both encouraging and discouraging. I am most certainly thankful however to have found a place where I can come for ideas, information, support, and sympathy. You all seem to (and for obvious reasons) have a better understanding and more in depth knowledge of what is going on with me that anyone with a diploma I have met yet.

By the way does "DD" stand for damn disease?[This Message was Edited on 10/22/2005]
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

I'm sorry you have this illness, but I'm glad you found your way here.

You'll find tons of support, information and encouragement from people who have been there before you and those currently going through the same stages as you ... finding their way.

I hope you get some much needed diagnosis and answers soon. Maybe you ought to look for a new doctor. As a rheumatologist, he is certain to have heard of CFS/FM ... he seems he might be the type willing to diagnose anything but fibromyalgia while you are loosing precious time getting some relief from and help with fibro.

Hope you start to feel better soon..... take care,

Elsa
  3. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Welcome to this wonderful place. It sure is nice to have other people who understand what you are going through.

My doctors still aren't sure what is going on with me. The keep the diagnosis as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrom, but because I've had so much inflammation in my body, they are starting to think Lupus.

To be honest, I don't care what they call it, as long as it can be controlled somehow.

I'm sorry you're going through all kinds of stuff with doctors... I have found they don't know as much about this stuff as they think they do.

Good luck.
    Tigger
  4. 1horse

1horse New Member

welcome to the board. you sound like fibro to me,but Im not a dr.anyway welcome and there is a ton of information out here. take care ~hugs~
  5. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

Sorry for your troubles and pains. Isn't it ironic that we know so much about our own bodies, but we need a doc to tell us whats wrong?

Sometimes I think I inform myself too much by reading so much, but I try to keep the proper perspective and just use the info I read as a tool.

Welcome!
    Kathi
  6. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

What you are going through is unfortunately similar to what a lot of us have gone through. With this disease it seems that we have to do a lot of reading and research on our own. Many of your symptoms sound familiar; I hope you can find a Doctor who knows about FM/CFS/MCS.

You will find lot of info and support here. Ask all the questions you want. And you are right about DD!

Kathy.