hello everyone im new

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by homesheba, Sep 5, 2006.

1. homesheba

homesheba New Member

good morning!!!
    i am 52 years old and have had fibro now for about 15 years or so-
    still trying to find a decent doctor!! GRRR!!!
    anway,
    i also have crohns and hep- c and other 'fun' stuff-
    and
    WOW!!!
    i am sooo happy to meet you all here!!!
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Hi and welcome to the board. Glad you found us. Lots of nice helpful folks here and tons of useful information too. When you find time you might like to fill out your profile so we can know a little about you. To read mine just click on my name on the left side of this post.

Again, welcome to you and come back often!
    Hugz,
    Tona
  3. toughone

toughone New Member

You've landed in the right place! This the best place to come to when you need an understanding friend--everyone here is so helpful and caring.

Happy to meet you--have a wonderful day!

Bonny
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I am 47 years old and believe I have had FMS most of my life, although I wasn't diagnosed until five years ago. I also have endo, IBS, IC, low thyroid.

I hope you find this website to be as supportive and helpful as I have. I found this website several years ago and I don't think I would be doing as well as I am mentally or physically if I didn't have the people here to talk to.

Ellen
  5. ll1816

ll1816 Member

Welcome homesheba! You'll find this to be a very kind and supportive place. I wish you luck in finding a good doctor.

Hugs,
    Liz
  6. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I am fairly new here too and everyone has been very nice.
    I am happy to be here too, it is the first place in a long time that I feel like I fit in. We can take about all your weird FM symptoms (and nobody thinks you are nuts!), and stresses about finding a doctor, or whatever questions you might have and everyone understands.

Maybe you could fill out your Profile and tell us more about yourself. If you click on our name beside our posts you can see our profiles (if we have filled them in).

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  7. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Hi welcome i hope you find this site and these wonderfull pople as helpfull and friendley as i have,without this group i would have gone crazier than i already am,lol.Really you couldent find a better group of people,they are frinds here not just someone you write too,no embarrasement about not being able to spell or all your boo-boos.again welcome,take acre hope to talk to you soon,angelkisses Oh ya one more thing your never made to feel bad about not being able to post as often as you like because were all family in pain and fatique?see told you about the spelling,lol.
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

HI Sheba

Welcome to the board. This is a good place to exchange stories, info, jokes, recipes, etc.
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

Welcome on in! I really like your username!lollol my name is sydney. I hope you like it hear!!
  10. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

Welcome to the board!

The best recommendation I could ever make is this: educate yourself about your disease continually. Many of us find we have to be our own advocates in the management of our disease(s).

Good luck,
    Kat
  11. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Always ask questions. That's how we learn and there is usually someone on here who can relate to any situation you could possibly bring up.

Fill out your profile so we'll know more about you. I have a wonderful doctor that I highly recommend to anyone within driving distance of Chattanooga.

Linda
  12. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Hi Homesheba, and Welcome,

I am a newbe myself and I have to tell you that everyone here has been so Wonderful to me. They have helped with questions and have posted helpful information as well.

I have only been Dx'd for a few weeks, but the doctor that Dx'd me (a new doctor at my clinic) speculates that I have had it for 8 years now and have been misdiagnosed all along. I have had all the signs and symptoms, and as you already know anyone with this desease trys to get along as best they can until you just can't take it anymore, especially when your told that you look fine and all your blood work comes back normal. About 2 years ago I was Dx'd with degenerative Disk Displysia and Spinal Stenosis, and had to have ESI shots in my spinal cloumn to releave my spine from being pinched. It has helped as now I can feel my legs.

I see that you have had this Desease now for 15 years..how are you dealing with it, and what kind of medications do you take?

Anytime you need to unload your problems or even need to ask questions, this is the place to do it.

Welcome again Homesheba, and I hope that you find this site as helpful as I do.

God Bless and Take Care,

Noahvale--Kathy