Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Vada, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Vada

Vada New Member

Hi everyone. Long time no see. I have been in and out of psych inpatient care and then post hospital care 8 times sice last February. I'm presently attempting to work on not feeling so useless and hopeless.

I'm not sure how long I will be able to continue in the PHP program. My husband and I are looking into a 3 week inpatient program called Bridges located near Salt Lake City Utah. I have researched it and it seems like it might just be the right thing for me since traditional mental health care doesn't seem work as well. This program "Restores Life to Living". It will help with all of my psch issues alongwith the fibro, osteo and asthma. No magic cures are given just different modalities of treatment along with my meds. I currently take 20mg Prozac, 1 mg klonopin, 120mg cymbalta and 10mg lamictal in the morning. At 1pm i take 1mg klonopin then at 6pm i take 1 mg klonopin and 200mg lamictal. At bedtime I take my last dose of 1 mg klonopin and 50mg trazadone.

It seems to be alot but when they tried me on lithium, busbar and a total of 400mg lamoictal i got really bad off so everything was once again changed.

Well hope everyone is well. Will check in soon. LaVada
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I do not know you but would like to say hi. I was a psychologist for many years with a large bi polar clientelle. I do not know your dx but you mention Lithium.

I wish you well. It is a long road for sure and glad you have family support.

Be well. You are brave to keep trying. Courage!

Love Anne C
  3. Vada

Vada New Member

Thanks. No I am no bi polar. They wanted to try Lithium to see if it could help with my severe depression. Unfortunately after taking 1 tab I wound up with a bad reaction: blood pressure sky rocked way down, I had tremors and was very dizzy. LaVada
  4. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I am new here so we don't know each other, but I wanted to say Hi.
    It sounds like you have a good treatment center to go to. I hope they are able to give you what you need.
    Sounds like you have been through a lot. I know someone in a similar situation and it took a long time to find the right combo of meds and the right dosages, I hope your's goes as smoothly and quickly as possible.
    I wish you well and hope to hear some good new's from you.
    Take care, Claudia
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Welcome back. It seems you have had a rough time the last few months but it looks like some promising things are in store for the future. I'm glad you checked back in here.

I had taken lithium once, and it made me so sick I couldn't stand it. It was only a small dose too! Ucky stuff.

I'm glad they have your meds regulated. That helps a lot when you are having health problems.

Take care, and check in while you're still here at home.

Hugs,
    Sue
  6. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling well enough to join us on the message board. I hope that the Bridges program comes through for you.

I can relate to the feeling of uselessness. I dealt with it by becoming a volunteer literacy turor. I don't supposed you will be surprised to hear that there is a higher that average number of people with learning disabilities and emotional and social 'issues' among students who did not finish high school.

Are you well enough to do volunteer work. I'm sure your local adult literacy program would LOVE to have a volunteer with Special Education experience. Once you get through the training (which you might not even need), you can volunteer as little as one hour a week.