Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mtinash, Jun 29, 2010.

1. mtinash

mtinash New Member

Just wanted to touch base and say hi to everyone. It will be two years this Friday since my darling Josh left this world. So much has come to pass in these two years. I started a program in my county for survivors of suicide in conjunction with our local police department. In addition we are putting together a group and training that on every suicide call in our county two folks from the group will be on the scene to assist the survivors. Both of these programs are being done in Joshs honor. It took me a while to come to grips with losing Josh but when I could finally wrap my mind around what happened, I decided that his passing would not be in vain. Statics show that the majority of suicides are caused by mental illness and I keep preaching to folks that physical illness that causing constent pain needs to be added to those statics.

I will never again love anyone like I still to this day love Josh, I continue to love him through honoring his memory with the struggles he had during the last two years of his life.

I know that I have thanked you all in the past for the kind words and support that you gave me both during his life and after, but I want to send out a big hug and kiss to each and everyone of you in hopes that you are finding some peace and comfort in your lives.

Please remember if you ever get to the point in your journey that Josh got to on July 2, 2008, before you do what he did, please talk with someone who can help you.

God Bless
  2. quanked

quanked Member

You must be a strong person to have survived such a loss with such grace and a committment to make a difference.

In my experience, losing anyone is tough but when the loss is by a completed suicide a whole other dimension is added to the experience that can be so hard to get past.

Thank you for your concern for those of us who suffer from the dd's that your Josh suffered with. I understand where you are coming from. It is difficult to maintain good mental hygiene when one feels attacked on so many levels--physically, emotionally, mentally, socially, and sometimes personally. These dd's impact every aspect of one's life and there seems to be no escape. I appreciate your efforts to bring light on this aspect of our dd's.

Your husband was very fortunate to have you in his corner. I am so sorry for your loss.
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

I remember your story and Josh. Thank You for letting us know how you are and about the wonderful work you are doing.

god bless
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I am so sorry that you lost someone so dear to you and esp to suicide.....I can only imagine how hard that must be

It is very neat that you are able to do something so wonderful, though, in his honor....I hope that it gives you comfort and peace and healing to do so

I agree that physical pain and chronic illnesses seem to be very underrepresented in suicide stats....so many suicides are the result of depression and other forms of mental illness, but so often that depression comes from dealing with constant physical illness, and sometimes I think that people who are not even depressed just cannot take the physical illness/pain any longer, but their death still gets attributed to depression

ETA: Reading your comment about talking to someone, I am wondering if you blame yourself at all for what happened.....are you thinking that if he had talked to you (or you to him) it could have been prevented.....if so, I really and truly do not think that it is in any way your fault....talking can certainly help, & I very much advise it to anyone who is at that point, but sometimes there is really just not anything anyone can do, short of locking the person up and that's obviously not a long term solution.....sometimes the pain is just really unbearable, and that sounds like what happened in Josh's case - which means that it was not something you are in any way to blame for
    [This Message was Edited on 06/30/2010]