Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clementyne, Aug 17, 2010.

1. clementyne

clementyne New Member

I have been visiting this site for a few days now - very excited to find a community of fellow over-comers, then I stumbled onto a post I had written over a year ago! FIBROFOG strikes again!
    Anyway, I'm happy to have found PH again & I am looking forward to making new friends.
    I have been diagnosed with Fibro for 2-3yrs but have been searching for answers for much longer. Symptoms of Fibro going back 20 yrs but really kicking in after a bad fall 8 yrs ago. I also appear to have Sjogrins Syndrome though I don't have a diagnosis yet.
    As you all know, the pain can be overwhelming but what I am really struggling with is guilt. Guilt when I am too tired to even go to a movie with my DH or when it takes me all day to clean house. I loved the posts about spoons & it is a blessing to know I am not in this alone.
    I had my own business for many years but have recently retired, however I am a certified counselor and volunteer in that capacity.
    Thank you to all who have welcomed me so far....
    Be Blessed!
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Welcome back to the board. Don't you just love this brain fog?

My FM started after breaking my arm. I am not sure I have CFS.

I am on disability retirement.

Looks like we are in the same field. I am not a counselor per se but for 26 years worked with students diagnosed with emotional disturbances.

I miss it so much but I think at this point I am romanticizing a bit about my career. I had not planned to retire at such a young age.

Again, welcome and will be looking forward to your posts.

ETA YOu will never guess what song is now going through my head, LOL!![This Message was Edited on 08/17/2010]