Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Lms526, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Hello. I am a 30 year old female from Wisconsin. I have just recently discovered these messages boards and I thank God for them!

I have struggled with depression off and on (more on than off) for the past 15 years. I'm not just talking a week or two. I'm talking for periods of anywhere from 2 months to a year. It's definitely been a struggle.

I prayed to accept Christ as my Savior when I was 16. But I didn't really understand what it meant or what was involved in following Christ. To make a long story short, in April of 2004, through an incredibly series of events, I came to realize that I was deceived and not truly a Christian. I still struggle with depression and often feel like a failure as a Christian because of it. I discovered the Depression board a couple of days it ago and it is nice to finally have some support and a place where you can vent and not be judged. It's nice to be understoood. Depression can make you feel so isolated and alone.

My financial situation is extremely tight right now. But the non-denomination church I attend offers free counseling. I have had the number forever and haven't been able to make the call. I really feel like God has been stripping me of my pride and taking away all the things I trust in more than Him. It's been scary and really hard, but I know it's something that needs to happen. I'm also seriously thinking about talking to my doctor about going on meds.

The last couple of weeks have been especially tough because my unemployment ran out and I have very little money coming in. Please pray that I would find a job very soon and I that I would continue to trust Him in the meantime. I know that God will get me through.
  2. 143alan

143alan New Member

God does have a way of getting us where he wants us to be and some times it's a hard trip to make. I've traveled the hard path many times myself and still do at times.

As Joyce Meyers preaches we grow from glory to glory. I will be praying for God to meet your needs and strengthen your walk.

Welcome to the worship board. You will find a lot of help and prayers here. I tend to read a lot but post very little.

The Lord Bless and keep you
    Nancy
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so sorry that you are having such a difficult time. You have come to the right place for support and prayers. The prayer warriors on this board are awesome. You will see many prayers being answered here which has helped my own faith grow by leaps and bounds.

There is nothing to be ashamed of in taking meds for depression. I have needed them from time to time during my years of illness and have appreciated their help so much. My DH is taking them now for a variety of reasons, one being his inability to find a good job. I hope that you can get them if you feel that you need them.

I am putting you on my prayer list. Praying that you will find a way out of this depression. Praying that you find a job very soon.

God is there for you and He will see you through this. And you have friends on this board who will support you and pray for you. Just ask whenever you need support or prayers.

(((HUGS)))Pepper

4. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Thank you very much for your encouragement. I'm glad I found this board and will check in often. I appreciate all the prayers on my behalf. I will keep you all posted.
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

You have come to the right place. There is so much love, support,prayers and acceptance here. There are so many wonderful people here. There is prayer meeting every Thurs. night so anytime post your requests or just ask any time and we all will be honored to pray for you. It is so great to know that we are not alone and that others understand. You do not need to feel guilty about dealing with depression. I think David who wrote the Psalms was bipolar. One day God and life was wonderful and the next day God where are you why don't you kill me? God has promised to go with us through this dark times. Just reach out to whoever your trust when it gets black. I was telling someone even Jesus in the Garden wondered where God the Father was. So do what you feel you need to do to get well. Just remember that God loves you so very much. He is so proud of you and you are His precisous daughter and nothing will ever change that. Please let us love you and support you through this difficult season. Father I ask in Jesus Name could You please come and surround this lady with Your peace and presence right now. Please reassure her of Your unconditional love for her and that she is not a failure. Please shine Your light into her darkness right now. Please help her to know that You have her in the palm of Your hand and that You will never leave her. Lord You know all about her financial situation and You said You would look after our needs so I ask could You please come and make a way where there is no way. Please come and supernaturally provide a job for her that will cover her needs. Please let something good happen today or tommorrow to show her that You are watching and working on her behalf. I also ask Father that You would honor what faith she does have and hold her tight. Thank you for what You are doing and will do in this situation. Lord I commit her to You knowing that You will work it all out. Thank you in Jesus Name. Amen. Iam sending you my 2 cents to help you.( Pretend it is a spiritual offering) God Bless you and hang in there and let us know when you get the job. Please keep in touch and let us know how when can help you.
    Cath
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Welcome to the worship board. You have certainly come to the right place for support, encouragement and prayer. There are many wonderful people here who have been through some of the same things you are experiencing and can hopefully give you some insight and certainly support

Depression is a terrible thing. I will lift you up. You are such a young thing to have had such a hard time during your short life.

Jesus is the answer to your problems if you let Him in to guide and direct you. Give all of this over to Him and just watch what He will do for you.

Take care and let us know how you are doing. Know that I will pray.

Love,
    Nancy
  7. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Caffey,
    Thank you very much for your support and encouragement. I especially want to thank you for the prayer you posted on my behalf. I really need prayer right now. Please continue to pray for me. I will keep you posted.

Bandwoman,
    Thank you for your prayers and encouragment. It really means a lot to me.

I will keep everyone updated.
  8. webintrig

webintrig New Member

I am so happy you found this board! It is wonderful to have you here! I will lift you up in prayer!
    I notice you answered one of my post about the Aurthor ...Thank You!!

God's beautiful grace to you,
    webby