Hello, everyone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GreenOnions, Sep 2, 2008.

1. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Hello, everyone. Longtime lurker who left the board 2 years ago here. Hope everyone is well.
  2. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Kina. Had to give it up when I retired, couldn't afford the dial-up fees. Now my boy's paying for it, but I don't have to dial no more. Not sure I understand it, but then, the boy don't know beans about clerking a store, so I figure we're even.
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

We could get together and be a salad!

4. springwater

springwater Active Member

Green bean - that was some welcome..hahaha

GreenOnion - hello. Sorry to hear about your wife.

God Bless
  5. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Confused, I'm a Hoopie to. I grew up in Chester, now I live in a little town near Wheeling.

GreenBean, I just cooked up a mess of your buddies last night, with about a pound a bacon. :)

SpringWater, Thank you. It's been hard. I've been doing a lot of work with my hands since she passed.

Thank you all for the kindly welcome.
  6. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Is he now? Hancock or Brooke? Or is that too durned nosy? I gotta admit, I've always been a nosy cuss.

And it sounds like I'd like your mother in law's cooking. I'm a big fan of bacon. My wife used to swear I was gonna have a heart attack, as much bacon as I eat. I put some in pretty much every veggie I make, and that's whatever the deer and rabbits leave me in the garden.

Butters good too, don't get me wrong. Ain't nothing like hot buttered corn on the cob. Which gives me an idea for supper. Better send the boy to the store.

I keep having to go back and edit what I wrote, cause I got an ornery little kittie sittin on my lap, helping me type.

You hang in there,
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry, I just saw your post. Welcome back !!

I also love that idea of corn on the cob and butter- - -mmmm good !!

Yep, I also love Green Beans, and onions too (any kind). That was a good joke - Green Bean !!

Just wantaed to say hi and sorry I did not welcome you when you first posted. Hope to talk to you soon again.

8. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

I just got a second or so. The daughter in law arrived Friday afternoon. I'm sore and tired, now. She's worse than Brenda was, when it comes to making me do stuff around the house, and cleaning. Me and the boy have been busy as beavers, fixing stuff and such. As soon as I get off here, we gotta mix and pour the cement for replacing the cracked back porch that we spent all day yesterday and this morning breaking up and hauling away. I may never figger out where she put my stuff.

So, Oak Glen or Weir High?

I love corn on the cob, green beans, lima beans, navy beans, spinach, pretty much any veggie.

Great news about the doc visit! I'll raise a glass in hopes for a good lab result.

Samson wants to say hi, looks like. This is him.

mkln v klasd kl vn sdf

Silly kitty can't spell fer beans. He ether said "Hello my name is Samson, good to meet you" or "Tell this old sonuvagun to feed me"

Aw, crap, here comes the daughter in law, hollerin for me.

You and Heather take care.
  9. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

now I look like a girl. Stupid cat.
  10. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Thank you kindly, Granni. After the past week I sure feel like a grandpa.
  11. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that about Confused. She's right nice, and seems like a nice person. Fer the bronchitis, tell her to have 2 shots of Jack. She'll either feel better, or won't care that she don't. Fer the other, it's hard losing the ones we love. I've been there, and it's a hard row to hoe. You'll both be in my prayers.

Land sakes, it's an Oakie. New Cumberland, Newell, Pughtown, or Chester? I was almost an Oakie. We moved to outside Wheeling just after I got outta 9th grade, when pa bought the store.

Sledges and prybars. Jackhammers! We don't need no stinkin jackhammers. I gotta say, I thought I was gonna die. 12'x18'x8". Thank God for grandkids. They brought me enough beer to keep me alive.

I wouldn't know what to do, if I didn't have Samson to help me. He's been my closest buddy since Brenda and Belly Lugosi died.

Which doesn't mean I won't strangle him, if he makes me look like a girl again.

Take Care.
  12. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Hey, Confused, good to see you back. Hope yer feeling better.

Tell hubby my Rx of Jack goes fer him, too.

Yeah, I didn't have no power but what my generator provides since about 6 on Sunday. Just got power back about 1 this afternoon. Hope the mom in law was ok.

Naw, the boy went home Sunday. The daughter in law and the kids go back this Saturday.

Still ain't got a name fer him yet, but the little monster's doin fine. I forgot what havin a kitten around is like. He gets into the dangedest places. I went to put on my slippers this mornin, and he's curled up in my right slipper, sleepin like the little angel I know he ain't. He's about 1 pound a kitten, and 12 pounds a sass.

Tell the hubby to get better, and glad to talk at ya agin. Gotta go, I hear Samson callin fer help. I reckon the kitten has him cornered again.
  13. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Thought you'd get a kick outta this. I was just sittin here, havin a root beer with the youngest grandkid, when the Kamikaze Kitten jumps from somewhere onto the rope barometer and sets it swingin like crazy. Well, it gets to the end of the swing forward, and the kitten either lets go, or looses his grip, and comes flying up and lands butt-first in the youngun's mug of root beer. I almost had an accident, I was laughin so hard. You shoulda seen both their faces.

Hope yer doin good. Say howdy to the hubby fer me.
  14. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm just buttin' in...lolol,,,,,Wanted to ask if there is a Briar or Brier County around where you all Live? Both Sets of My Great Grandparents And Grandparents (as kids) Hailed from West Viriginia in 1902 west to Montana,,,,,

My Dad Got some photos of the Ancesters a few years back and they highly resembled the Jed Clampet and Grannie Clan,,,,,,Just Wondering,,,,Sis,,,,Hope your havin' a great day!
  15. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Hey, Diane, the kitten is now officially named Kamikaze Kitten.

Two things I didn't think of yesterday came up today. One, he's hooked on Root Beer. If'n I open a Root Beer, he comes a runnin. I was sittin there watchin TV last night, when I heard a lapping sound. I looked over, and the little monster has his head in my Root Beer mug, and he's a drinkin like there's no tomorrow. Ever heard a kitten burp? He sure hadn't. You shoulda seen the look on his face when he let out a tummy rumbler.

The second thing is, he's decided he likes flyin through the air. He's a jumpin offa anything and everything. Ain't nowhere in the house safe. Not 10 minutes ago, he done jumped offa the fridge onto Hercules back. Boy, I ain't seen Hercules run that fast in years.

Sounds like him and Punkin woulda got along good. Or at least raised a little heck.

Specklehead sounds like a good name to me.

KK gets along okay with all four a the others, although he's targeted Samson and Hercules fer his shenanigans.

Hope y'all have a good weekend. I'm gonna see the daughter in law and the grandkids off tomorrow, then me and the mighty midget and Samson'll most likely spend mosta the weekend in the barn, workin on my tractor. I got a lotta grass to mow.

PS: Samson either says "Howdy" or "who the heck let this little monster in here?"
  16. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Well, there's a Greenbrier county down the other end a the state. That's be most likely. The others Bs are Berkely, Barbour, Brooke, or Braxton.

And Jed and Granny woulda been just about anywhere in the state, exceptin in Charleston.

Have a great weekend.
  17. sisland

sisland New Member

Greenbrier County,,,Thats the one!,,,Thanks!,,,,need to do some research,,,,,,ttfn,,,,S
  18. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

So many Confuseds. Diane and Hubby, glad you both liked the tale of the mighty midget. He's gainin sass a whole lot faster than he's a gainin weight. Another thing that root beer does to kittens is make em fart. I laughed even harder at the look on his face when that happened.

I ain't sure if kittens are brave, or just too dumb to know better.

The daughter in law and grandkids got home okay. I let the neighbor boy drive my Jimmy in return for driving me where I need to go. How the heck does anybody stay sane drivin around Pittsburgh?

Ya know, I know they changed the name back when , but I grew up callin it Pughtown, and I'm too durned ornery to change now.

Yup, we're way out in the boonies. Pa bought a farm when we moved down here, cause it was cheaper than livin in town. I got the farm when Pa and Ma passed away.

It's a real barn, way bigger than I need. The kitties have a field day in it. I don't let em go outside, so I built a screened in walkway twixt the house and the barn. Handy when it rains, too. KK is tryin to figger out how to get to the birdies in the yard.

Phone's ringin, gotta go.

Oh, Ohio.

PS: KKs gettin into it now. He made me type my name like a girl's name. I'm a gonna have to have a talk with Samson, he's teachin the youngun bad things.

Diane, you shoulda heard KK attacking stuff in the barn. He stalked a mouse,and then when he was about to jump it, it moved towards him, and he musta jumped 2 feet straight up.
  19. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Just wanted to tell you that I think that is just the most perfect name for that kitten. He sounds so funny !!

Not to much time to write now but needed to tell you how cute and funny that kitty is and the name too- KK - Kamkaze Kitten - just perfect and so funny!!

More later !

20. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Yer very welcome.