Hello Fellow Canadians re T2201 Disability Form

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sylvasha, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. Sylvasha

    Sylvasha New Member

    You are probably aware of this form but I have just learned about it so I will share the info with you.

    Apparently it is best to apply for this before applying for the CPP disability. It is called Information Concerning People with Disabilities T2201 from Revenue Canada. The form ordering centre is 1-800-959-2221. You must be below the age of 60 to apply for it.

    Has anyone applied for this & has been successful? I would love to hear from you. I received my form in the mail yesterday but you can also download it from www.cra.gc.ca/forms. I was waiting for my new comp so had it forwarded by mail. It is primarily for the health professionals to give the information & diagnosis of course.

    Have a good day.


  2. Pianowoman

    Pianowoman New Member

    I wanted you to know that someone saw this post. I've never heard of this form. Perhaps it's new since I applied. I was approved about 5 years ago so things may have changed.

    Good Luck
  3. pepper

    pepper New Member

    I went to that web site and it seems to be the Disability Tax Credit form. And yes I do get it. It gives you a little bit of a break on your taxes.

    My dr. has to fill it out every couple of years to ensure that I am still disabled.

    I don't know why you would apply for it before you would apply for CPP but perhaps the rules have changed since I started collecting in 1994.

    If I were you, I would start the CPP process as soon as you can. It takes them months to approve it. And you may have to appeal.

    Good luck with it.
  4. poodlemommy

    poodlemommy New Member

    I think you would fill out that form after you have been approved for disablity. You need to be pretty disabled to qualify for that tax break. My doctor said I couldnt apply as I didnt qualify but I am no CPP disability.
  5. Sylvasha

    Sylvasha New Member

    Thanks so much for replying. I was not notified of your messages. I am glad I went online & checked through Search...perhaps I didn't click my mouse button firmly enough when I requested a reply. My hands don't have the best dexterity.

    I don't think its worth for me to apply as I haven't paid taxes for a while. I am on Provincial Disability right now & receive all my health benefits. I wouldn't want to wreck what I already have. I am sure you are right that its best I apply for CPP first. The two fellows I spoke to have been diagnosed with Parkinson's (in their 50s) & have homes & families. I do own a home with my parents however so wonder if I would get a tax break there.

    I would appreciate your feedback. This is a great site.

[ advertisement ]