Hello,, first time poster.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krysta, Apr 24, 2003.

1. krysta

krysta New Member

Hi there,, I belong to a couple other boards,, I am a long time sufferer of fibro. I also have DDD, 1) ruptured, and 1) herniated disk. Like alot of people here, I see a pain mgmt Dr. I am currently taking kadian, and vioxx, along with the lidocaine patches.

It has been a nightmare to find the right Dr. Most of the ones I have had in the past, brushed me off as there was nothing wrong with me.

I am so glad to have found this board, and look forward to talking to you guys..

Krysta
  2. bejo

bejo New Member

Welcome.Good Dr's.are hard to come by.I've gone through several too.I hate it when a Dr. acts like it is all in your head.My head isn't smart enough to think of anything this bad.LOL Even if it was I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.((((())))) bejo
  3. scoop

scoop New Member

Hi Krysta,

Welcome to the board. It is a challange to find a doctor! This battle has been going on for me for seven years and i can't begin to tell you how many ignorant doctors i have come across.

Finally i have found some who are very understanding. It sounds like you are on the right track with finding a pain management doctor.

This messageboard is extremely helpful so you have come to a good place. Keep your chin up!

Good luck with everything,

Take care,
    Scoop
  4. 1Candee

1Candee New Member

So glad to have you here! I am a newbie myself and have found this to be a very enlightened and caring board. You are in the right place and hope to hear more from you! Yes, I have been brushed off by Dr.'s a time or two myself and have yet to be diagnosed with Cfids/FM which I know I have had for the past five years if not longer! Again, welcome! Cat
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Krysta, welcome to our world. Yes, good doctors with these illnesses are very hard to find.

I just about gave up and started treating myself. Am doing just fine this way too!

We are happy to have you join us, lots of great information here and some really great people too.

Again, welcome and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. krysta

krysta New Member

I really appreciate the nice welcomes,, WOW there is so much info on this site,, unlike another board I have belonged to for the past 6 months.. Everyone here is so friendly, and very helpful.

Take care

KrYsTa
    [This Message was Edited on 04/25/2003]
  7. txangel

txangel New Member

I'm also new. so as much as I like to hear from the wiser, I also like to hear from someone going through the same thing I'm going through. Its nice to not be the only one who doesn't know all this stuff. But this is the very best place I've found and I am so very grateful for all their help and kindness!!!

joni