Hello friends

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by valleyann, Nov 16, 2006.

1. valleyann

valleyann New Member

I'm very happy to see that they have this new board up! I think it's a great idea!

I just wanted to pass you all a "hi"! And was wondering if anyone is interested in making a new friend? :)

2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Friends are always welcome, Val!

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to this board.

I have a sister named Val. She still lives in Minnesota, your neigbor. I have escaped to the warmer climate of Los Angeles.
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Hope you are having a good day. I have seen your posts on the fibro board, maybe we have even talked before? I see you are in Canada. I have only been there once. But it was very memorable-my honeymoon skiing in Whistler, 10 yrs. ago. Take care, Kim :)
  5. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Val,
    Cool name! It was my Mother's.You're only two years older than baby boy but I'll still be your friend anytime. Maybe some of your youth will rub off on me. Maineweezie
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

we are all here on the chit chat side to be friends always.

7. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

Nice to meet you Val!...Welcome.......Lina
  8. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Val

Welcome to another Canadian! I am from Ontario.

I am always interested in new friends.

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  9. valleyann

valleyann New Member

I'm so glad to hear from each of you! And very excited about this board...

I'd like to hear more about each of you, if want to tell me abit about yourselves?

10. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Have you lived in Canada all of your life? How are your studies going? Work in the legal field sounds very interesting to me.

I am a stay-at-home Mom with 3 kids, my husband is a firefighter and paramedic. We live in Southern California. I have not worked full-time since my 8 yr. old was born. My husband was doing well enough for me to stay home and I feel blessed for that. I used to do interior design for 7 yrs. before I began to stay home with my kids. Now, I cannot imagine having a full-time job-I would be way too tired! My kids are the best and I enjoy every minute with them! Well, that's a little bit about me. Hope you are having a good day. Take care, Kim :)
  11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Happy to have ya come to the Chit Chat Board. Many of us
    hang out at the "PORCH" site as well! Please feel wel-
    come to come there and join in anytime.

Shannonsparkles (another member of the Board) is also
    living in Calgary! Seems to many of ladies about your
    age living in Canadia! They frequent the Board and you
    are sure to meet them.

Have a great weekend!
    JOE aka MRDAD
  12. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello again!

I just responded to your other post on a different board... :)

I was looking at your profile and noticed that you were a paralegal? I am in my second year (diploma) studying Legal Assistant and am quite enjoying it. We start our one month practicum (intern) in May and I am hoping to work for our Crown (Federal/Provincial Government)to prosecute criminals. What area of law did you work in? How did you like it?

You're very lucky to be living in LA! I would love to move to San Fran (very mild temperatures) because I hate the extreme weather that we get up here.

13. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Was your mother's name Val or Valleyann? My real full name is Valerie Ann and I shortened it to Valleyann for this site. But I go by Val...well my friends call me Val, so you can call me Val. :)

Very cute kitten on your profile by the way...it looks like my kitty! So cute!

So can you tell me a bit about yourself? I would like to rub some of my "youth" off on you but at the moment I don't feel very youthful! haha

14. valleyann

valleyann New Member

I have lived in Canada my whole life and would like to move somewhere warmer like California (lucky you!). but there is alot I love about Canada. How do you like living in Cali?

My studies are going extremely well, thanks for asking! :) I'm maintaining a straight A+ average (4.0 GPA out of 4.0) and I am in my second/last year of studies. Then I will be a legal assistant...I'm toying with the idea of going to law school in a couple years, but we'll see if my body can handle that by then.

You are so lucky to be able to stay at home with your kids! That must be a wonderful experience, being able to spend that much time with them. :)

That's so funny, you used to be an interior designer? I have always wanted to do that!! What a coincidence! haha I moved to the city I am in about 3 years ago to go to school to become an interior designer but didn't get accepted to the school i wanted to and ended up taking a different career path (which I am happy with). I am so envious of those that have excelled in that field, because i would love to, but I don't think that I am creative enough nor do I have the technical drawing ability. Oh well, you never know what will happen in life right?

I'm very glad that you posted me again. I'll be looking forward to your next post. :)

Take care.

15. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Nice to meet you, and another friend is great!

Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
  16. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Your grades are awesome! Good for you! It must be difficult trying not to get sleepy when studying. Hopefully you take some supplements or something to help with the tiredness and pain.

I do love California, it's what I know. I have been here since I was 6 yrs. old. The weather is fabulous. It is too crowded though, I must say. The freeways here are a nightmare. But most of my family is here, as well as my husband's. I couldn't imagine moving away from them, especially my sister, we are really close.

Even though I cannot imagine working full-time now, I do like to throw a good party now and then. It is the decorator in me I think. I love to see family and friends and decorate the house in the theme of the party. I am throwing an early Christmas one in December. I hired a Santa to come surprise all of the kids. I am excited about that! Well, I am blabbing and I really need to get the kids to bed!

Hope you are keeping warm up North! Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 11/18/2006]
  17. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

In response to your interrogatories, after moving to California from Minnesota (brrr), I took the first job I could get which was insurance adjusting.

After a few years I noticef the attorneys made the big bucks and didn't seem to know much more than I did, so I went to law school at night.

Had ten years experience w/ personal injury claims when I graduated from law school, but the only job interviews I could get were in the field of Workers' Compensation. So I did W.C. for about 6 years till felled by Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

After that I worked part time as a paralegal, trained new attys, did public relations, wrote the employee handbook, conducted a class for adjusters, summarized new appellate cases, did research, etc.

Announced my retirement when I turned 65, the same day Sandra O'Connor announced she was retiring. For some reason the reporters called her and not me.

Spent 38 years doing litigation. Before that I was a social worker.

I do not recommend ligation to anyone as it is too stressful. If I were to do it over, I would be a college teacher in some small or mid-sized city.

Your grades are very impressive. What kind of bar exam do they have up north? I used to work here for a bar exam preparation company.

Good luck.
  18. MelaC

MelaC New Member

Hi Val I am new to the chit chat board only really found the Prohealth site a week ago. As for being interested in making a new friend now that would be just great. My sister lives in the UK so I dont get to see her often. I live in sunny South Africa. We chat everyday and its really great. It would really make my day.