Hello. Has anyone tried the "Body Ecology Diet"?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hubcap_halo, May 14, 2008.

1. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo New Member

I hope there is some healing and happiness out there.

I'm doing ok, haven't posted in a while. I'm still making slow, steady progress back to remission. Emphasis on slow. I'm still not able to work.

But I'm ready once again to make my diet a more planned, powerful part of my healing. A woman with ME/CFS lives across the street and is talking about the "Body Ecology Diet."

I've looked at the website and it sounds...well, sound.

Has anyone tried it or no anyone who's having success with it?

Sending wishes for good health to you all.

2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

over on yasko's ch3neutrigenomics site say good things abuot it.

So Patrick, if you're making slow, steady progress, that's pretty good, huh?

Do you think the Valcyte did something after all?

3. desertlass

desertlass New Member

I can't remember the exact year. The book had recently come out. I don't know if they have made any revisions that have different ideas or instructions.

It's pretty extreme. Well, not extreme like the Ingalls family having to survive through a seven month blizzard on nothing but brown bread extreme. (Good thing they didn't follow the diet).

But, basically, you can only eat chicken, eggs, fish and veggies, and vegetable juice.

No dairy, or grains of any kind, which includes soy, oats and rice, or their milks. No legumes or beans or potatoes.

No sugars, including fruit. No caffeine.

It's mainly to starve yeast. It's not really meant to be sustained past however long it takes to get rid of yeast, which is to help heal leaky gut, determining allergies, gluten intolerance issues, etc.

I did give me an education in food, it gave me experience into what was hard for me to give up, what really wasn't, and what made me feel better or worse. What was realistically sustainable and what was not.

But, my case is a little different. I did this diet, and started practicing yoga, and was volunteering and having some time to devote to my artwork. But then, my immune system still collapsed even after all that.

All of the things that people do after a crisis, I was doing before the crisis, in the very hopes of preventing one.

So, I probably sound negative about it. I think I just lost too much weight on it, and I didn't know then about probiotics other than acidophilus, or juicing, although they may have mentioned them.

I think, just do the best you can... but whatever you do, don't blame yourself if you hit a plateau.

Make sure you're getting enough nutrients, and if you don't eat perfectly on one day, just tell yourself that there is always tomorrow to do it better, but progress is more important than perfection.

Good luck
  4. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

I am reading the book now and considering this diet. I have a friend that went on it and responded well on it.

Please share with us if you tried it or are going to try it.

5. victoria

victoria New Member

I did it when it first came out years ago, actually got to talk several times personally with Donna Gates. I did it for candidiasis, and still try to follow it as much as possible. Overall it is just a healthy way to eat!

I didn't really find it that hard, actually, since I was allowed some grains like amaranth, quinoa, & millet. Re using stevia, there are better types out now. I've been doing basically no sugar for years as much as possible, tho I admit I still crave chocolate occasionally!

good luck with it...