Hello, hungover after a day of activity

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by echoes, Sep 23, 2006.

1. echoes

echoes New Member

Hello, this is my first post.

I am 27 been fatigued since 15. Anti-depressant reaction (akathisia, hypomania- may have done something to adrenals?) between ages 24-26 that greatly increased my fatigue. Much better after quitting anti-depressant, then even more improvement after systematically giving up gluten, sugar (massive improvement to all areas of being), dairy, spices, most fruits, alcohol, tobacco, coffee, vitamins, other medications including birth control pills, most make-up, perfumes etc.

I'm heaps better, can manage going out for a couple of hours per day. If I try to stay out longer, for example six hours, I will get four hours good sleep that night but then wake up unable to sleep anymore with terrible nausea, weakness and prickly stomach. It's like a cross between a hangover/food poisioning (without the diarrhea/vomiting).

Anybody else get this?
  2. echoes

echoes New Member

Hi twinofdar

So my doctor thinks anyway! Do you get stomach trouble with your hungover feeling though, or is it only pain and extra fatigue? I'm trying to figure out if the stomach trouble is part of the overactivity of cfs I guess (my brain is fatigued too!).

Thanks so much for your reply

[This Message was Edited on 09/24/2006]
  3. bana2

bana2 New Member

I'm new to the board to. I get these to. Some days I have a ton of energy and can go , go, go and then it's like I get sooooo tired it takes me 2 days of sleeping, laying around to be able to go again. Of course I have diabetes that I control with pills. So that may be a big part of it not to metion your home life. Then I get the days on end of insomina and sometimes the over the counter stuff don't work.I felt better after coming off anti-depressasnts to. I have been battling myself for years. Most of the time my comfort comes from church and God's prescence. The last time I was on them was about 2 or 3 years ago. They said it was a chemical imbalance and I took them for about 9 months. I'm feeling a little low myself today. I lost my Aunt (that has been moma to me since my moma died when I was 17) the 11th of October will be 2 months ago. But anyway have you been tested for diabetes? When my sugar goes up I wake up like that too.Sometimes with a cold sweat. Hope you get to feeling better.