Hello, I am new here tonight.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Darla5010, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Darla5010

Darla5010 New Member

This site is just wonderful!!! I go down the list of messages and can relate to almost all of them.
    I have neck and back hierrnated and bulging discs and have had 2 surgeries so far and looking toward another one shortly. My PCP knows for sure I have FMS, but he sent me to an arthirtis dr, who said I just needed excerise! I guess he's one of those who doesn't believe in it!! I haven't gone to another dr about it, my pcp and I work together trying things that help. Hot bubble baths, microwave bags, Blue Max gel works best of all. Just got it last week at a fair and it has taken my sore spots down from a 10 to a 4-5 for about 3/4 of the day!! Of course I am on lots of other meds for my back condition. Ms Contin, Ativan, Celexa, Vicodin for breakthru pain. I don't sleep at night hardly ever more than an hour at a time. I have been reading the posts on this. I have tried most of the meds that you all have listed. This is one of my most piority things now. Here it is 2:30am. Then I want to sleep all day or I will fall asleep sitting up reading in the afternoon. Any help with this from you?? With me it's hard to tell what's FMS and what's my disc's, etc.
    Again, I am so glad to have found this site.
    Darla from PA
  2. Darla5010

Darla5010 New Member

This site is just wonderful!!! I go down the list of messages and can relate to almost all of them.
    I have neck and back hierrnated and bulging discs and have had 2 surgeries so far and looking toward another one shortly. My PCP knows for sure I have FMS, but he sent me to an arthirtis dr, who said I just needed excerise! I guess he's one of those who doesn't believe in it!! I haven't gone to another dr about it, my pcp and I work together trying things that help. Hot bubble baths, microwave bags, Blue Max gel works best of all. Just got it last week at a fair and it has taken my sore spots down from a 10 to a 4-5 for about 3/4 of the day!! Of course I am on lots of other meds for my back condition. Ms Contin, Ativan, Celexa, Vicodin for breakthru pain. I don't sleep at night hardly ever more than an hour at a time. I have been reading the posts on this. I have tried most of the meds that you all have listed. This is one of my most piority things now. Here it is 2:30am. Then I want to sleep all day or I will fall asleep sitting up reading in the afternoon. Any help with this from you?? With me it's hard to tell what's FMS and what's my disc's, etc.
    Again, I am so glad to have found this site.
    Darla from PA
  3. yellowrose1

yellowrose1 New Member

Wanted to pop in real quick to say hello and welcome.Like you said, It's 3am here and I'm pooped! Time to go to bed and stare at the ceiling awhile, teehee!
    Hope to talk more tomorrow
    Sonya
  4. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Sleep, whats that? Good morning! Its 4:48 here as I sit writing this letter. Welcome to the board. I too am fairly new to the boards. I have been going into the chat room for a couple of months though. Just when Im about to fall apart, I go there. Then I dont feel as bad. People in there seem to feel as bad or worse than me! I also have a hip problem, although my rhem. seems to think its my back. I went for a CT scan of my back yesterday, Ill get the results in 3 weeks. Then I can request a hip scan. I have had numerous medical problems and I know my body.....Its not my back! I have tried a lot of things for sleep and they all make me feel drugged up the next day. Its safe to assume that it is the Fms causing your lack of sleep, we all seem to have this problem. I go to the chat room when I can not sleep, someone is usually always there. Good luck to you and hopfully youll get some relief soon..Maybe well chat soon...queenbee69
  5. Darla5010

Darla5010 New Member

That's what I mean, it's so great to know that there are many people like me out there. Around here, everyone thinks I'm nuts!! haha Hope to talk to you both soon.
    Darla
  6. Marilynn

Marilynn New Member

Hi Darla! I am on Trazodone for sleeping and it does work for me but eveyone reacts to meds so differently. I started out on 50mg of Traz and I am able to up the dosage according to how much I need it which is nice. Also it is good to have a set bedtime and be consistent..of course that is once you find something to help you sleep.. :). My lower back is a problem too and you and I have discussed our sciatic nerve problems...I think. Marilynn
  7. ctdallas

ctdallas New Member

I to am newly signed on to the board, have been watching for awhile...I do not see Zanaflex ( a muscle relaxer family drug) mentioned much, so I want to let you all know it seems to be easily prescribed and WORKS WONDERS for sleep
  8. Darla5010

Darla5010 New Member

I found a bottle of Zanaflex from 2000 that I must have tried and didn't work. I have a drawer full of old meds... I think I'll tapper off my Ativan since it doesn't do anything and try the Zanaflex again. This is 4mg. What is normal for sleeping? Thanks Darla
  9. Darla5010

Darla5010 New Member

Thanks, I will check that site. I started taking the Zanaflex at bedtime and stopped my Ativan, and I am sleeping much better. I think after so long, meds stopping working like they did at the beginning.