Hello I am New To The Board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TxSongBird, May 9, 2006.

1. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Hi I am new to the board, live in Texas and am 48 years old. I am in a big flare right now and extremely tired. My husband I own our business and we work long hours sometimes so yesterday was one of those days where we didn't get home until 9:00 p.m. and we started work at 7:30 a.m. I am having a great deal of pain in my arms and upper back. I wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

TxSongBird
  2. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

Hi TxSongbird.........I live in Missouri and am 48 also. I am fairly new here also.I am having a bad week, can't seem to get rid of my pain at all. I feel like I'm whining when I tell someone about my pain
  3. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Puddin I know the feeling, I feel bad when I moan and hobble around, but what are we suppose to do. I try and suck it up, but sometimes it gets to be too much.

TxSongBird
  4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I just wanted to say welcome to the board, sorry to hear you have this DD but really happy you found us.
    Please take care.

Ann

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

Welcome to the board. I'm sorry you're in so much pain; however, my mantra is that if you overdo it, it will overdo you.

It would be impossible for me to even be awake from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Is there any way for you to get a 1-2 hour nap in there anywhere? The only way our bodies "repairs" itself is during sleep, esp. with FM/CFS.

Please try to pace yourself, or you just might find you can't work at all, and then you would be so worried about your business, ok?

Again, welcome!!
    findmind
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I know just how you feel and the best I can tell you is to make sure you get lots of rest. Those long hours with little sleep will bring on a flare every darn time.

I'm glad you found us here at ProHealth and I'm sure you'll find this message board to be a wonderful support. Welcome!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. hob

hob New Member

TxSongBird Glad to Meet YOU! This is a great place for us with this crap. As I am sure you already are aware this can be a very lonely disease and just knowing your not the only one helps a lot. Welcome!
  8. KIMHURTS

KIMHURTS New Member

Hi!!Welcome to the board.I am fairly new also.I am having a terrible week too.So i sympathize with you.Hope you feel better soon.Kim
  9. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Welcome,

I live in East Texas. Glad to have you with us.

Long days at work are terrible for folks with FM.

Hope you feel better soon.

Kinsie
  10. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Thanks to all who welcomed me and yes I am glad I found you all here. I usually get plenty of sleep, but yesterday just turned into one of those days and got to bed late and then up early. I am leaving work at 5:00 p.m. today, drove in by myself and go home, put on the PJ's and take my med's and hit the sack. I have rescued feral cats that I have tamed down and they are my saving grace, that and my doggie Ginger who was a pound rescue. Animals are wonderful, as they don't question you, judge you, yell at you, they just love you for you.

TxSongBird
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I cannot stay long today as my neck is a bother when typing. But welcome and hi.

Love Anne C
  12. kriket

kriket New Member

Wanted to say hello to you and welcome. I live about 60 miles from Dallas, Tx. Sorry you are in quite a bit of pain and I feel for you having to work such long hours. How do you do it? I bet at times you are overwhelmed with tiredness and pain. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Look forward to talking to you and getting to now you.

Kriket
  13. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I am 15 miles to the North of Dallas in Plano. I work in McKinney which is 15 miles to the North of Plano. We are suppose to get some bad storms later this evening so I will be glad to get home and not have to drive in the stuff.

TxSongBird
  14. gladone

gladone New Member

Just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the board. I'm new here myself but have already started making my way around. Hope to see posts from you soon and agian warmest welcome!

Gladone
  15. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Hi TxSongBird.

Just to say hi to you and welcolme you.

I am 52 year's of age and live in the UK.

Having a bad week too so can sympathize.

Take care and pace yourself a bit more if you can manage it.

Julie jo.
  16. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

Hello Tx
    I am also new here.One thing I have learned from listening to others and my own body is REST. You'll figure it out soon. It really is the best medicine!! I'm 48 also (magical age) and most days feel 84. Please take care of you!! Mary
  17. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Thnaks for the welcome to this board. I hit the bed last night early and slept great, even though that time of month is here with the cramps. I look forward to tomorrow because I am getting my hair colored and high lighted and that is always a relaxing time for me.

TxSongBird
  18. maggie_d

maggie_d New Member

I am fairly new myself and am finding this message board a great place to reach out and learn more about the people with this DD. I did a lot of reading, but to actually connect with others is great.

Take care,

Maggie

19. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi TxSongBird welcome to our support group. Sorry you are in a flare and hope you will feel better. I'm sure it is rough on you working such long hours. Makes me feel a bit guilty because I don't have to work. I'm lucky my husband can support us.

Hope you have a great day and low pain one. :)

Hugs,
    Faye (from Virginia)

[This Message was Edited on 05/10/2006]
  20. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I am on another Fibromyalgia type of board where there are about 10 ladies that post, maybe that is the one we know each other from.

I work long hours because it is a family business and I grew up in a family business and I don't have to work, but want to be a part of our business like my Mother was with my Dad so this is all I know.

TxSongBird