Hello, I'm a newbie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swegal, Apr 19, 2006.

1. swegal

swegal New Member

Hello all,

I'm from Sweden - 32 yo and I'm married to the most wonderful man and have 2 small children - 3 and 5 yo.
    I just found this place today.
    I have no diagnosis yet - but I fill most of the criterias of fibro. I guess most of you have expreienced the same as most the fibro-ppl in Sweden - that it is difficult to find a doctor who believes in this desease... so - I'm still struggling to get my diagnosis.
    I hope I will get a lot of info and make a lot of new friends here.

Take care,
    swegal
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I love this board. It has become a major support for me since I was diagnosed a couple of months ago. It's very active and lots of people have lots of experience to share, especially about what works for them and doesn't work for them with treatment.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  3. mamie43

mamie43 Member

I'm really glad you found this great group of people. I know you will learn a lot here and also have fun in the process! Finding a doctor can be so challenging and frustrating sometimes, so I wish you a lot of luck in your "hunt for doctor". Again, welcome and looking forward to knowing you.
    Congratulations on having such a good husband and two beautiful babies. Mine are 27 and 11; I miss having a baby around quite a lot but the Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue are too intense for me to take proper care of a little baby.

Hugs,
    Mamie43
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It has been a long road for most of us to get the diagnosis.Don't give up.You will find a doctor.I find that the younger ones are more open to new things.Linda
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

i'll catch up later. I have to go as my son wants to play wheel of fortune. Love Anne C
  6. MamaZoe

MamaZoe New Member

Hi there. I found this message board three days ago. I really don't know how to get involved. I was dx 3yrs ago. I live in a very rural town and there are no support groups within a 1 1/2 drive. I was getting desperate and stumbled across this website. I have been reading for three days and am overwhelmed to know that I am not alone. My husband sits in bed with me and listens to me read. He has been so wonderful and takes such good care of me. I found a Dr. right away right here in town! I was fortunate to have a neighbor how was dx 6 years ago and she helped help my Dr. with some things and he got me into the Mayo Clinic and we had my Dx in 7 days. Seems my symptoms go all the way back to middle school. We have no childern, but we do have a family of pets to say the least. We have 2 horses, 2 dogs and 4 cats. Believe it or not, they all know when I am feeling bad and hurting a lot. My horse, Zoe, has been part of my therapy. She not only gives me joy, but she helps me with my stretching excercises with my legs and hips. I am learning that we seem to be a special group and I hope to make new friends too. Adversity builds character and what my body lacks, my heart more than makes up for. I pray you find a Dr. who will listen to you and help you.

Blessings,
    Mama Zoe
  7. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

Hello and welcome! Unfortunately, we all play the doctor-go-round until some type of diagnosis is made. I hope that you find a good doctor soon!

There is plenty of information on this site and from many members here. I've already learned so very much and you will too. Anything you want to ask, just post it and you'll get a response soon!

Take care - oh, and welcome Mama Zoe too!

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki

(p.s. I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Sweden. I lived in Germany for 4 years and wished I could have traveled more while there)
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

Wanted to welcome you. Glad you found us. There are a lot of caring people here. You will find a lot of useful info. here. WELCOME ABOARD!!!!

KRIKET
  9. swegal

swegal New Member

for your warm welcome.
    I know for sure that I will enjoy hangin around here with you all!

Best Regards,
    swegal
  10. swegal

swegal New Member

Hello Mamie,

Thank you so much for your welcome - I'm sure I will like it here very much - and I hope I can be of any use also.

Best Regards,
    swegal
  11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Det gleder meg a treffe deg.

Lots of nice people here.

Ha det bra
    Rockne
  12. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Hello all,

I am another newbie. I have had FM for a long time but I just found you guys this week. Doctors with all of their medical knowledge just don't really get it as much as some try. It is really nice to hear some of you have similiar issues (not that I wish them on anyone) but it is really good to know there really are others out there. Sometimes people act like it's all in our minds because "we look fine". I have found you guys to be a "safe place to fall" already.

I am really happy I found you guys, I actually looked forward to getting up and seeing what had been posted.

jenni