Hello I'm new here and have a question?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by littleloo, Aug 20, 2004.

1. littleloo

littleloo New Member

I have been having a problem with my shoulder joints. Back in 1998 my right shoulder and arm developed weakness and as the year passed when I would move my right arm It felt like my musles would get so tight and the pain would drop me to my knees. When I went to the doctors it was theropy for 3 months no better. The doctor said I had a spur and my rotator cup was ok..so surgery was done to remove it. Then theropy for 3-4 months after the pain was gone but I the movement in my right arm is restricted and I can not put it anywhere behind my back. Well 8 months age I started having the same problem with my left shoulder and now my arm with a sharp movement drops me to my knees. I have been seeing a doctor (at a charity hospital due to no medical insurance) I have to go Monday coming to get a MRI. I have been dealing with servere pain and hopefully I will fine something out Monday. My father had some kind of bone and joint problem and he was disabled @ 55 yr old.I tried to get copies of his records but it has been over 10 years since he passes that they were distroyed. I do not know if it runs in my family but some times I feel my life has stopped. I have three children and they have to help me dress,undress and bath sometimes. I have been reading about joint pain, fibromyalgia, rds etc. and I found this site Thanks
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

You need blood tests and probably some x rays to rule out arthritis. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia.

I've had joints injected with cortisone; it helps for about 3 months. I also take daily doses of prescription medications for the arthritis.

I hope the clinic will do more diagnostic testing to determine the cause. It has to be tough to have your children helping you dress and undress.

I think you need to have blood tests done for arthritis.

I'm not a Dr., but that is what I think. By the way, count your blessings that you have children that are willing to help you. It would be far worse if they were still in the diaper stage themselves.

Welcome to the boards. This is a great site. i should have written this part first, but I've recently had surgery and my mind isn't quite "with it" yet. Joyfully
  3. littleloo

littleloo New Member

The doctor said I have a frozen shoulder and it will take theropy and hard work. If this desn't help then surgery but the outcome could be worse with forcing it to move. So I will just hope for the best and if thing don't get any better I might have to quit my job because of the pain and hopefully I might be able to get some help from SS or if not just depend on my daughters. I have been reading about frozen shoulders and it could take years to recover....Thanks